Chapter 6

I slowly open my eyes, before glancing around. Not only are my arms chained to a wall, but I'm stuck in some prison. I anxiously bite my lip, wishing that Anahita or Nissa were here with me.

Suddenly, the cell door slams open. A girl stands before me, with a worried expression on her face. "The Queen wants to see you," she says. I intently stare at her, as a chill races down my spinal cord. What are they going to do to me? Will it be the same treatment I got from Valtor?

"Okay..." I murmur. The girl holds up her arm, as a dark spell surrounds the chains, which causes them to shatter into many pieces. I stare at her in surprise, as she approaches me.

She has long, blonde hair, with dark blue eyes. Along with her outfit being dark blue and black, her wings are dark blue. On her feet, she wears white shoes.

I eye her cautiously, as she shoots me a sympathetic look

I eye her cautiously, as she shoots me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry..." She hums, before helping me to my feet. "Yes, my mom is cruel on the battlefield, but that's not how she really is." She then takes my hand and then leads me to the throne room.

The Queen of the darkness kingdom sits on the throne, and the moment we step into the room, she narrows her eyes at us. "Cahya, you're always kind to my prisoners," the Queen notes, which causes the said girl to blush in embarrassment.

The Queen chuckles to herself, as Cahya turns to face her. "I'll be going now, mom," she says. The Queen gets to her feet and approaches us, having a stern yet gentle look on her face.

"Not yet, Cahya," she states

"Not yet, Cahya," she states. The said girl nods in response, before turning to face her mom. I purse my lips in concentration, before clenching my fists in desperation. "What do you want with me!?" I demand.

The Queen stares at me in amusement, before her face softens. "It seems I've given you the wrong idea," she admits. "I'm sorry about that. I'm not evil."

I cross my arms in annoyance. "If you're evil, then what's going on!?" I declare. "Why'd you kidnap me?! What do you want with me!? Why did you attack the light kingdom?"

She heaves a sigh. "I'm gravely misunderstood," the Queen informs, lowering her head in dismay. "I didn't intend on the war lasting this long, but every single time I would try to solve things, the Queen of the light kingdom would get the wrong idea and think I was attacking them."

"I see..." I hum. "Also, why did you capture me?" She furrows her eyebrows and chuckles nervously, as a serious expression appears on her face.

"It's not everyday you see someone who doesn't have the powers of light or darkness," she admits. "Cahya, please show her around." The young girl nods in response and takes my hand, before leading me outside the palace.

I glance around, wishing that the two queens could get along. Both of them seem like really nice individuals. If only they could talk it over and come to an agreement, then everything would be fine.

I look around at the townsfolk. A mother buys a loaf of bread, while a small group of children race through the city playing tag. "Hey, Cahya," I say, as she looks over her shoulder at me. "Why are the two kingdoms even fighting?"

"Long ago, the two queens were trying to make a peace treaty," she answers, looking over her shoulder at me. "Everything was going great, until they got into an argument, which started the war."

I run a hand through my hair, knowing something was off. "Do you think it's possible to stop to end the war?" I question, as she stares at me with wide eyes.

"I don't know," Cahya admits. "Let's explore a little bit more." I nod slowly, wishing that we could talk about it a little bit more. If anything, I've almost uncovered the full truth about this place and my current predicament.