Chapter 19

When I wished I could have a dream, I didn't mean I wished for a nightmare.

          You do need to be careful what you wish for.

          Professor McGonagall led me through the castle, haven't the slightest idea where she might be taking me.

          The floor, cold against my bare feet.

          As we trudged through the hallways, the scenes from my dream keep reappearing every time I blink.

          A man walks in the night. His robes were as dark as the night sky. A hood covered his head, keeping me from seeing his face. A large snake slithered by his side, its tongue flickering. A wand in his hand.

          He unlocked the door to a house with a spell.

          A man with round glasses blocked his path. The man looked a lot like Harry. An older version of Harry.

          Dad.

          The man in robes pointed his wand at the man I assumed as my father. The man spoke two words.

          Avada Kedavra.

          Green light flowed out of the man's wand and my dad dropped to the floor. Dead.

          The man continued and climbed up the stairs.

          A woman stood over the crib with two babies. Twins.

          "Mama loves you," the woman said. "Dada loves you."

          A tear fell in the woman's eyes as she looked at me.

          A baby version of me.

          The door suddenly exploded and the woman stood up and put herself between the man in robes and the crib.

          "Take me. Kill me instead," the woman begged the man as told her to move aside.

          The man pointed his wand at the woman and spoke two words.

          Avada Kedavra.

          The woman, who looks like an older version of me, dropped dead on the floor.

          The man stepped over my mum's dead body and looked at Harry and me.

          I couldn't see his eyes but I could see his smile very clearly. A triumphant smile.

          He pointed his wand at Harry and me and spoke those two words again.

          When the green light hit me, I felt something burning in my forehead.

          I watched as the man writhed in pain and turned into dust, leaving his robes behind.

          His snake slithered away, leaving the house and disappeared into the night.

          I remember... crying as I looked at my mother's dead body.

          I remember.

          My memories. I remember them.

          This must be what the Sorting Hat was talking about. The terrible event that I witnessed that night.

          The night my parents were killed.

          I remember.

          But how is that possible?

          Harry and I were only a baby.

          How is this possible?