Chapter 1

"Up," a woman's voice said. "Get up!"
I opened my eyes and looked at my brother who was already awake beside me. There was a loud continuous knock on the cupboard door where me and my brother's bedroom share.

"Kill me now," I groaned as my brother sat up and grabbed his glasses.

Just as I was sitting up, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs above our 'room'.

"Wake up, cousins!" someone yelled above while the person was jumping up and down making the dust rain down on us. "We're going to the zoo!"

"Dudley, I swear. I'm gonna kill him someday," I coughed.

Harry got up and was about to go out the door with me following behind him, only to be shoved back inside, making me trip on my foot and we both fell back with my brother landing on top of me.

"Sorry, Hailey," my brother apologized as he stood up and his hand out to me.

"Don't worry about it, Harry," I said as I took his hand and stood up.

We both walked out of the cupboard and went to the kitchen to make breakfast to our 'relatives'. They treat me and my brother like slaves. Lucky for them they're still alive.

"Why don't you just cook breakfast?" our aunt ordered me and my brother. "And try not to burn anything."

"Yes, Aunt Petunia," Harry and I said at the same time.

"I want everything to be perfect for my Dudley's special day!" my aunt said as she covered my cousin's eyes.

I rolled my eyes at them and continued to help Harry cook breakfast.

"Hurry up!" our uncle ordered. "Bring my coffee, boy."

"Yes, Uncle Vernon," Harry answered.

"I'll do it," I said to Harry as he tried to put the bacons he cooked to the plate. "Why don't you give his royal highness his coffee?" I whispered while taking the frying pan from his hands.

"Thanks," Harry thanked me and grabbed the kettle to make coffee for our pain the arse uncle.

"Aren't they wonderful, darling?" Aunt Petunia said as she removed her hands from covering Dudley's eyes, revealing a few dozens if gifts scattered in the living room.

"How many are there?" Dudley asked his father.

"36. Counted them myself," Uncle Vernon said proudly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I put down the frying pan and the spatula I was holding.

"36?! But last year- last year I had 37!" Dudley exclaimed.

Spoiled brat, I thought to myself as I sighed.

"Yes, but some of the are bigger than last year's," Uncle Vernon defended himself from his son's wrath.

"I don't care how big they are!" Dudley exclaimed.

"Now, now, now. This is what were gonna do," Aunt Petunia said as she held Dudley's chest, trying to calm him down. "When we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents. How's that, pumpkin?"

I looked at Harry and saw him watching them. I can see jealousy in my brother's eyes. Well, sure, of course I'm jealous, too. We never had presents in our birthdays. Ever. But I never needed presents. As long as Harry and I are together, then I'm happy.

We finished breakfast and got ready to go to the zoo. As we got ready, Harry and I made a little conversation.

"I swear, I'm really going to kill these people," I whispered to Harry as I straightened my plain white shirt.