Chapter 12

"Right, then. First years, this way, please!" I heard a familiar deep and husky voice yell out outside as the train screeched to a stop.

"Come on now, first years, don't be shy," the voice continued. "Come on now, hurry up."

I jumped off the train, followed by Harry and Ron behind me.

I looked around the place in amazement. It was an open air train platform.

It was already dark. How long have we been riding the train? It only felt like minutes.

I turned around and saw a familiar huge man standing near the nose of the train.

I tugged Harry's robes and pointed to Hagrid with a smile.

We looked at each other and made our way to our giant friend.

          "Hello Harry, Hailey," Hagrid greeted when he saw us.

          "Hi Hagrid," Harry and I said at the same time as we stopped in front of Hagrid.

          Ron's eyes almost bulged out of his head as he saw Hagrid.

          "Whoa!" he said as he looked up to Hagrid.

          "Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me," Hagrid yelled out as he started to walk away.

          I grabbed Harry's wrist and we both followed Hagrid, leading the other first years while the older years went to go to the carriages.

          When we got to the pier, Hagrid helped us into the boats which had one lamp each.

          Harry, Ron and I shared a boat while the others was still trying to get on.

          As soon as everybody was safely aboard, all the boats moved on their own across the inky black water.

          The moonlight reflected as it hit the water which gave it an eerie glow.

          "Wow," Harry, Ron, and I said in unison as the castle came into view.

          "You're brothers were right, Ron," I said to Ron who was holding the lamp. "Hogwarts is really, really big."

          "I know," he said in a trance. "Wicked."

          As soon as we docked, we made our way into the entrance with Hagrid's instructions.

          As soon as we got in, butterflies started to go wild in my stomach.

          Why does this place look so familiar?

          Harry and Ron was on the lead while I held Harry's arm as to not get left behind while I look around the place.

          We climbed up a staircase and an old lady awaited us at the top of the stairs.

          She wore a long, green robes and a witch's hat.

          We halted a few steps before her and we waited.

          "Welcome to Hogwarts," she said as we all finally settled down. "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses."

          I saw Harry and Ron look at each other in the corner of my eye but my eyes are glued into the woman.

          The butterflies in my stomach fluttered more wildly, overwhelming me.