Chapter 6

After we got our money from Gringotts, although, Harry and I are still curious about the small pouch that Hagrid mentioned as 'Hogwarts business and Top Secret', we went to a store that sells robes.

I looked at the our list as we exited the store and there's only two things left to buy.

"We still need a wand," I said as we walked down the street and wove through the crowd.

"A wand?" Hagrid asked. Then he pointed to a store not far from the store we just left. "You want Ollivanders. There ain't no place better."

Hagrid told us to go get our wands while he'll be off to go do something. He promised he won't be long so Harry and I proceeded inside the store.

As soon as Harry and I went inside, the scent of wood and old parchment wafted into my nose. The whole place was filled with boxes. A staircase was leaning against the wall that leads upstairs, which I was guessing was filled with more boxes.

Harry put his packages in an empty space on a shelf near the door and I did the same with mine.

I looked around the place and wondered how many boxes are in the place.

"Hello?" Harry called out. It seems like nobody's here.

Harry called out once more and I heard a thud from behind me, which made me jump since the entire place was deadly quiet. A man stood in the ladder. The moving one that you can see in some libraries.

The man was thin, his hair a light grey, almost white and his face, crinkled from old age. He looks like an old librarian. He wore an old-fashioned woolen vest and a creased old-fashioned top underneath it, along with his creased slacks and worn out leather shoes.

But what caught my attention were his eyes. It was a light gray in color, almost white. If you pass by him in the street, you might mistook him as blind. Although, his eyes were intimidating, it also holds great kindness.

He looked at Harry and me with those light grey eyes of his and smiled.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you Mr. and Ms. Potter," he said as he climbed down the ladder. "It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands."

The tone in his voice makes me think that mum and dad buying their wands was a very fond memory for him. He plucked out a box from one of the shelves and opened it.

Inside the box was a stick. He held it gingerly as he offered it to Harry.

Confused, Harry just took it and we both looked at the man perplexedly.

"Give it a wave," the man said as if it was the most normal thing to do in the world.

Harry looked at me for help. I just shrugged and motioned for him to do what the man said.

With a sigh, Harry waves the wand and the boxes that filled the shelves flew out from their places making the contents fall  to the ground.

Harry and I jumped at the sudden noise that filled the dead quiet store.

Harry returned the wand very carefully as if a little bump might cause it to explode, which might be highly possible.

"Apparently not," the man said calmly as he ignored the mess Harry had just made.

He went past us and up the stairs and pulled out another box. He went back down and opened the box revealing another wand and gave it to Harry saying, "Perhaps... this."

Harry took the wand and held it warily. He looked at me and I gave him a reassuring nod.

He waved it again and we both jumped while I yelped when a flower vase suddenly exploded.