Chapter 7 - Doc Delgado

Wednesday, November 16th, 2016

All I remember, is Calo carrying me out of the shower area, and supporting me while taking me outside through the main exit that is meant for visitors and teachers only. We're accompanied by a guy that showed up ten minutes after Calo called someone, telling him to take the car and come to school.

It's all I remember when I wake up in my own bed, shocked to find Calo seated on the foot end of my bed, staring at me in the dark.

For the first few minutes, all we do is stare at each other. I see some bitterness in his eyes, but mostly worry.

I clear my throat, thirsty as hell, like always after suffering from a mayor panic-attack. "Where's Pyper?"

"Asleep in her room." Calo answers with a whisper. "She's fine. Shocked, but fine."

I go back to staring at him in silence, wondering what the hell he's doing here right now. Why is he still here, with me, as he just witnessed what kind of cry baby I am?

"Calo?" My mom's voice sounds unsurely. "I thought I heard something."

"Neo woke up." Calo answers, right before the light flicks on, blinding me slightly.

"The fuck?" I grumble, pulling the cover over my head to block out the lights.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" mom asks, tough sounding muffled by the covers. "I brought you water and juice. It's on your nightstand."

I throw back the covers, shooting upright to chuck down the water, followed by the juice, thankful for any fluids to go down my dry throat.

Calo smiles, though it's a sad smile, causing me to sigh, feeling a bit ashamed, still feeling drained from most energy. I pull the cover back over me, shaking a bit.

"Are you cold, sweety?" mom whispers, moving to grab my extra blanket to cover me up. "just go to sleep and get some rest. Calo is sleeping over and if something's wrong, he'll come and get your dad or me, okay?"

I nod, far from energized enough to fight the fact Calo is going to stay over. I don't want him to see me tomorrow. Because I know I jammed in the shower area and I already know what's going to happen in the morning.

I don't want him to see me at my weakest. But I'm back asleep too soon to let them know I want Calo to leave.

Much to my surprise, he is indeed gone once I wake up the next morning.

It stings a bit, because I guess on the other hand, I did like the fact he stayed with me to keep an eye on me. I do like the fact I have a friend now.

I just don't like the fact he saw me in a panicky frenzy and had to carry me out of the shower area; bridal style. Ugh.

I push myself upwards, happy to find new drinks on my nightstand, but exhausted and still a bit scared overall.

Since I'm obviously going to stay home today, Pyper didn't put out any clothes, still surprising me a bit.

She puts clothes out no matter what. If I'm still asleep, she still puts them on the bed.

Maybe it's early, but my gut feeling is telling me Pyper became ill and is now in hospital because I touched the lines between the tiles.

I'm back to shaking in no time, wanting to go and check up on Pyper, hating the fact my mind screams at me to shower first. Get rid of the germs and start the day off the way you're supposed to.

I'm torn between settling the nagging voice in the back of my mind to see if Pyper is really okay, or the settle the nerves of all other voices screaming that I have to shower. I have to shower.