Chapter 28 - Jealousy

Monday, February 20th, 2017

I can't hold back a laugh as Carson stares at my mid-landing bird, that I just sketches on a regular paper in a couple of minutes right before adding some water colour to see if I would be pleased about it enough to use water colour on my actual sketch.

The result is stunning, and Carson stares down at it with his jaw nearly touching the ground.

"Don't tell me you just made that in like, under fifteen minutes."

"Uuh..." I scratch the back of my head. "Think I did, why? Do you like it? I'm not sure about the reds and the blue's..."

"NO dude!" Carson nudges me and I notice Calo sending us an annoyed look from my right side. "This is... holy shit I want you autograph..."

I feel my face heat up over his reaction, when suddenly Calo leans over to take a look.

"It's beautiful Nee..." He smiles at the drawing, sends Carson a cold look, and then leans in to peck a kiss on my cheek – surprising everybody who was looking at us because Carson tends to get a bit loud whenever he's excited.

"Uuh... Cay?" I mutter, slumping down because I know he hates to be publicly out.

"It's okay," he hums with a smile. "It's you, so it's fine."

"Are you sure?" I turn to smile at him, and I feel Carson sliding away a bit to offer us some privacy.

"I am, really." He leans in to peck another kiss on my cheek and I can't fight back a smile that breaks onto my face, leaning towards him a bit as if I'm pulled right in his direction, while butterflies mess up my previously eaten lunch.

"Good..." I absentmindedly answer, still soaring over the fact he is now comfortable enough to kiss my cheek in public.

It's a big step.

Most definitely if you think this is only his first day back in school. He had been home for the entire week last week, but his parents wanted him to readjust to the situation before going back to school.

And with school, they asked if he wanted to switch again, but he was adamant about being in the same school, preferably in the same class, as I am.

This is the sixth class of the day, I introduced Calo and Carson to each other right before school, and I don't think Calo has said anything friendly towards Carson, while Carson keeps trying to be friendly.

It's really awkward since Carson showed up during Arts class again, to help me with the water colour, and perfect my techniques before applying it on my massive and very detailed bird-sketch.

"So, ehm..." Carson drawls, nudging me again. "The master becomes the apprentice, when are you going to teach me how you do this stuff this quick?"

I chuckle, turning back to my sketch, staring down at it for a second. "Just... let the water colour do what it wants..." I shrug. "I think I'm ready to colour my actual painting."

"Awesome!" Carson cheers, some classmates send him an annoyed look, while Mrs. Gabriel smiles happily towards the two of us. "Go get the drawing, I'll clean out the brushes and get all the water colours you need."

I watch him jump up, rushing towards his locker because that's where he keeps the rest of the bottles of concentrated water colour. It's his personal stash, that he does not want to get in the wrong hands.

There're tons of colours that he all dragged to school for me, and I picked 9 colours that I want to be working with during lunch already.

Most are tints of orange, red, and blue. There's one bottle of green because I have a big leaf at the bottom of the painting that I need to colour in with green.