Chapter.4*Game Of Money*

''I believe in simplicity, I wear what I feel comfortable in, not in what others feel comfortable seeing me in,'' I replied and slowly pushed my hair back from my right shoulder. Of course, I couldn't say, I'm lying because I can't afford a designer dress which was okay as the reason I chose to work in a boutique was to earn. If I was rich enough to afford designer dresses, I would have never taken this job. I sensed not just the girls, but Ryker stared at me for a moment too, even when I swirled my head back at them, he was still looking at me. It felt like he was deep in his thoughts and I was just an object where his eyes were stuck upon.

''Yeah, but sweetie, we sell clothes, which everyone praises to you. So I would suggest you use the money you earn from here on your outfits as well.'' Scarlet, being a fashion designer, quickly disagreed.

"Ryker is right! At dinners you should---" Willow in her sexy accent, was about to mutter something when she was cut in the middle of her words with Ryker's interruption.

"It's sir!" That awkward moment, "and how do you what I meant?" Well someone has to show her the boundary. The wicked smile on Willow's face quickly faded, she of course didn't see it coming. Her head bowed down with embarrassment, she deserved it anyway.

''I respect what you said, it is what everyone should feel too. You need to be comfortable in what you wear, not to please others because you can't ever fully satisfy everyone. I resp-----'' Ryker had a glass of water in his hand and with his every word he was shaking the water in the glass, his eyes weren't on me and that's why I was easily scanning his gestures. Before he could process Scarlet made deep eye contact with him and he continued, ''I respect your thinking, but when you are in the fashion industry you have to be aware of what you are wearing and how you carry yourself or you will make a fool of yourself.'' He changed, he freaking changed his statement. The girls noticed that too, I mean the way the girls shared glances indicated that they too noticed how quickly he contradicted his own statement. But what I noticed no one else did, he changed the statement when Scarlet cleared her throat, and soon after he finished talking, she squeezed his hand with satisfaction and plastered a smile on her face.

''Oh, by the way, girls, this is maid Monica.'' I raised my head upon Scarlet's greet an old lady holding a tray in her hand. ''She is our maid.'' She passed her a sweet smile while Ryker has a comforting smile on his lips, why was I watching his lips? Let it be a mystery.

''Hi girls," Monica mumbled sweetly. Lacy and Nichole had a smile on their lips, but Willow doesn't look very pleased.

''Hey, Maid Monica.'' The girls replied, straightening their back so she could place the plates for them. I don't wanna be judgmental, but we all knew she was a maid, then why do we have to tag this term with her name? Maid Monica? For real? So shouldn't it be like Stupid Willow, Model Ryker, and designer Scarlet?. The girls were talking to each other, Ryker was busy on his phone while Scarlet and I were just doing nothing.

''Here, lemme help you.'' I saw how hard she was managing that tray in her hand and then every time she moved a plate off, the balance broke, ever heard of the trolley? I got up and held the tray out of her hands.

''Kathleen.'' In the murmurs around, I heard Scarlet's gasp.

''No, honey I'm fine.'' Monica pulled the tray back, but anyhow, I grabbed it off her hand again. ''oh what a kind girl.'' she happily smiled. I knew Scarlet didn't like it, because for some reason it is awkward to help a maid right? Why are these rich people so self-absorbed?

''Oh my, look at those legs of yours.'' After serving the food, Monica took a minute to glance at my long legs in jeans. ''I used to look this beautiful when I was young, ah time,'' she mumbled, everyone looked at my blushing red face, I saw Ryker from the corner of my eyes, his eyes were lifelessly watching me. I don't know what it was about his stare, but it was giving me chills, ''and those blond long hair of yours looks like a fountain.'' her words made me blush more and she indeed has pissed off willow.

''Shall we start?'' Willow looked at everyone, making Monica walk away. I took my place and soon everyone was indulged in their meals.

''Willow, what's your full name?'' Ryker questioned, tilting his face towards our direction since I and she were sitting right by each other's side.

''It's Willow Whitaker,'' she replied,

''Don't tell me you are Mr. Whitaker's daughter!'' the surprise in his voice was really evident, ''Scarlet do you remember that brand we were trying to sell your designs to?'' Ryker cocked his head to Scarlet, the smile on Willow's face was a sign of victory.

''That deal?'' she looked as surprised as Ryker was.

''Yeah! She is his daughter. I have a few suspicions when I first heard her name.'' Ryker and Scarlet were passing a smile like they have found a gem.

''Yeah, that's my father, but my mother runs the company,'' she replied, tugging her hair behind her ear.

''That is great, why didn't you tell us before?'' Scarlet gave her a very pleasing smile and pressed Ryker's hand. She knew she was going to use Willow to get the deal or whatever.

''I just wanted to do something on my basis.'' Willow replied, I don't believe her, ''what does your father do Kathleen?'' Willow's question ceased the fork in my hand to the midway, I bet I have mentioned that my father was no longer with us, but she had to spoil my mood.

''He--,'' I gulped, not looking up from my plate, ''he is not with us anymore,'' I stated, not even wanting to look at anyone.

''Why where does he live?'' she crossed the line, everyone glanced at her face in confusion, it wasn't so hard to understand what I meant.

''He is dead Willow, he is dead.'' I finally raised my voice, glaring at her face with my eyes filled with tears. It all began after his death, the reason I had to run from the world, and she dared to mock my life's worst incident. 

''Chill Kathleen, she didn't know.'' Scarlet, who used to be so nice and by the book, started taking sides. Willow's mother's money has become a shield for her.

''How rude Kathleen.'' Lacy eyed me bitterly, I shrugged in confusion. How I am at fault?

''Kathleen.'' Ryker said my name, freezing my body with the mention of my name from his lips. Now what? He was going to lecture me to behave while Willow keeps hurting me? Is money above everything?

A/N:

I'm going to write a few words, ans by yes or no....

Q: Birds?

Q: Cats?

Q: Dogs?

Q: Vegetables?

Q: Fruits?

Q: homework?

Au Revoir..