Chapter 8

I've been dating Michael for a month and a half, and I couldn't even begin to tell you how fast time has passed. He makes me feel so alive, like nothing I have ever felt before. University is easier with him in my life, and all my problems dissolve when he kisses me. I can't believe how lucky I am to have him.

"Excuse me, Georgia. Are you okay?" Kaitlan asks, laughing at my stupid smile as I stare sentemantally into the distance.

"Hmm," I say, causing her to laugh.

"What are you thinking about? That deadbeat, Michael?" She asks, causing me to cringe.

"What did you just call him?" I ask, rising from my current position at a lunch table where I was sitting helping her with her revision.

"You heard me, that guys is a deadbeat. No one likes him and I don't understand why you do," she laughs, implying that it's obvious. I feel anger build up inside me and I ball my hands into fists at my sides.

"You don't know anything about him!" I yell.

"Woah, calm down. I just think you can do better than someone like him," she says, not even flinching from my sudden outburst. I want to get her attention, I'm sick of everyone and how badly they treat Michael. I slam my hands on the table, causing her to jump in shock.

"Dammit, none of you know anything about him! He's a wonderful person," I say.

"He's a fucking loser, all he does is listen to Blink-182 or whatever the fuck that band is," she laughs.

"Fuck you, Kaitlan," I spit, grabbing my stuff and walking away.

"Now I see why you're so perfect for each other. You're both dumbass deadbeats who are never going to make it in life," she yells after me.

"Coming from the girl who doesn't know what clothes are," I retort, causing her to cover her mouth in shock.

"Yeah, well at least I'm not a prude like you", she yells. A prude, no, I'm no fucking prude.

"I'm not a prude, I'm just not a slut and respect myself enough to not have sex with a guy as soon as I fucking meet him, you bitch!" I yell, storming away, not listening to what she has to say back to me.

"Hey, George," Michael says sweetly. I storm past him, making my way to my car.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He asks, grabbing my wrist and spinning me around.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, wiping away the few hot tears that escaped my eyes. I'm not usually the type to show my emotion like this, I don't know.. I guess some of those words hit me hard.

"Kaitlan.." I say, running my hand through my hair.

"I'm going to fucking kill her..." He growls, but I just put my hand to his cheek.

"Hey, I'm fine, you don't have to kill anyone," I let out a little laugh, making him smile.

"I'm glad my presence puts you in a better mood," he says, grabbing my hips and crashing his lips into mine. I smile into the kiss, pulling away quickly and grabbing his hand.

"I'm going home, do you want to come?" I ask him.

"My car is here, babe. But I will follow you there," he says with a smile.

"Creep," I mutter with a smirk.

"Hey, is it so bad that I want to follow my girlfriend home? If so, yeah I'm a total creep," He says, making me laugh. "Okay," I smile.

"Race you to my appartment", I laugh, running to my car.

------------------------------

"Who's home?" I ask, walking in the door with Michael at my side.

"Me, myself and I," Rachel says, laughing. I don't know why, that really wasn't funny.

"By myself and I she means me and Niall," Harry points out, shaking his head at Rachel's dumb attempt to be funny.

"Wow, Rachel you're so hilarious" I say sarcastically, causing Niall to join Rachel in her unneccessary laughing fit.

"What is the matter with you? Niall, did you get her high on your leprachaunness or something?" I ask, realising how stupid that must have sounded. Michael just laughs, joining the others on the couch.

"No, we were just looking back at some pictures of us," he laughs, looking at his phone. I run and look at his screen to see Rachel and Niall dressed up as leprachauns and me laughing at them, even though I was also dressed as a leprachaun. I remember that day as if it was yesterday.

It was St Patricks day, and since Rachel and I are both Irish, we decided to spend it together with our families. They're both pretty big, but we all just mingled. That was the first day I met Niall, actually. We became really good friends really fast, because he's just like Rachel and I could see that. Everyone was dressed in green, but Rachel and I took it one step further, dressing up as full on leprachauns. When Niall turned up, he was also dressed as a leprachaun. Rachel laughed at the irony, and we spent the whole day together. Niall is older than us, so he was considered our guardian by the drunk adults. It was an amazing day.

I smiled at the memory, sitting down on the couch. "How old were we there? 12 or something?" I ask, laughing at my horrible hair cut.

"Yeah," she says with a smile.

"I'm tired," Rachel whines, laying her head in Harry's lap. He puts his arm around her torso and rests his chin on her head.

"Have I missed something?" I ask, looking at Rachel.

"What do you mean?" She asks, oblivious to the fact that Harry and her look like a couple. I raise my eyebrow, gesturing to their current position on the couch.

"Are you two dating or something?"

They both burst out laughing as if it was the craziest thing they have ever heard. I'll take that as a no.

"No, dude he's like my brother. We would never go there," she says, looking up to find Harry nodding along with what she was saying.

"Right, cause you like Luke," I say, causing her to blush and sit up, slapping my arm.

"Don't say that in front of his friend, he will tell him!" She squeals.

"I'm pretty sure he already knew, it's no secret," I laugh.

"I have good news for you Rachel because he likes you too," Michael says.

"Shut up,"she laughs.

"I'm tired," I say, standing up and going into my room.

"See Rachel, this is what normal people do when they're tired. They go to bed," I say.

"Wait for me", Michael says, jumping off the couch and following me into my room.

"Now when I say I'm going to bed, I mean to sleep. And when I say sleep, I mean sleep, not sleep with you. Well you can sleep with me if you want, in the bed. Not sex, sleep. Not that I'm saying that I wouldn't because I--"

"Shut up, Georgia," Michael laughs, putting his hand over my mouth to stop my rambling. I climb into my bed, with Michael following closely behind.

"Scoot over," he says, climbing in beside me.

"Why didn't you just get in the other side?" I ask.

"Because..." He whines, because he clearly has no reasoning.

"Fine," I mutter, scooting over so he can get more comfortable.

"Goodnight beautiful," Michael whispers, draping his arm around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

"Goodnight, Michael," I whisper, drifting off to sleep.

------------------------------------

I love naps. If napping was a sport, I would be the champion. Even though it's like three in the afternoon, I'm going to go practise incase napping becomes an actual sport. That would be awesome.... Georgia is a twat. Adios.