Chapter 1

"Get out of bed you lazy piece of shit" Rachel says, flopping onto my bed and repeatedly punching me in the leg.

"What time is it?" I groan, glancing over at my alarm clock. "It's 8:30 on a Saturday. Why am I awake?"

"It's our orientation day! Get up douchebag, we're going to be late."

"Crap!" I yell, finally realising why I was up at such an ungodly hour.

I fall, no not fall, I collapse out of my bed onto the floor and quickly regain my composure. Rachel on the other hand is laughing her ass off, but she can afford to because she's dressed and ready to go. Today is my first day at University in Sydney. Well, it's not really my first day. It's the orientation day. You know, when you meet people you don't want to meet and get super awkward around all your teachers you know aren't going to like you. I've been living here in Sydney for about 3 months with my best friend, Rachel. Oh, and I'm Georgia. Probably should have mentioned that earlier.

"Okay, I'm ready" I smile triumphantly.

"I think you might be forgetting something George.." Rachel says gesturing to my pants. Oh wait, I'm not wearing pants.

"Dammit," I mumble, searching through the mess on my floor to find a clean pair of pants.

"On your chair," Rachel says, running over to my chair and throwing a pair of jeans at my face.

"Fuck, Rachel."

"Thank you Rachel, I love you so much Rachel" She says mockingly. "I give up, just move your ass. I'm not going to be late because of you," She says, walking out of my room.

I quickly get my makeup and put some foundation on. Fuck it, I don't care what I look like. I'm probably not going to wear makeup to University anyway, I'll be too lazy, scratch that, I'll be too late to put any on. I grab a pair of shoes at my door that Rachel has obviously put there and run to the front door.

"Okay I'm ready."

"Wow, you did that in record time George. I'm impressed."

"I thought you wanted to go," I laugh, opening the door and gesturing for Rachel to walk through it.

"Yeah, I do. I made you toast," She says smiling at me. She's obviously proud of herself, even though its just toast.

"Wow, you're the first person in history to make toast. Claps for you."

"Bully," She says, throwing the toast at me and walking out the door. I quickly grab it off the floor and grab my bag she packed. I pay her out all the time but honestly, I don't know what I would do without her.

--------------------

"Welcome class of 2015 to the well-renowned University of Sydney. We hope you enjoy your education here. We strive to get the best out of our students, but this isn't like high school. We don't chase up your assignments, we don't give you homework. We just teach you and expect you to listen and hand in your work on time. Because if you don't you will fail here....."

I'm so screwed. I am not going to survive here. Rach might, but I definitely won't. I start to doze off, as I always do, looking around the room for anyone I might know. I doubt I will, considering we're from Brisbane, but I still look. Nope, not a single face that is familiar to me.

"Are you even listening?" Rachel whispers to me.

"Do you really think I would be listening?"

"No, I don't. But you should. Otherwise you'll probably flunk out."

"You two, down the back. Pay attention," The professor yells to me and Rachel. She shuts up and looks away. When she gets in trouble, she gets this look kind of like a sad puppy. When she gives me that look, I usually give her whatever she wants.

"You're such a bad influence on me."

"I know I am," I stiffle a laugh and make it look like I'm paying attention.

"Hey, what's your name?" A boy sitting next to me asks. He has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, he is really cute.

"Georgia," I reply. "What's yours?"

"Jake," He says, looking over to Rachel. "Who's your friend?"

"That's Rachel," I say, gesturing to her.

"You two are cool. You should come out with me tonight."

"Oh," Is all I say. This is weird, a cute boy asking us out. Wait, gross he's asking us both out.

"Not on a date, just to you know, get to know each other," He says, seeing what I was thinking.

"Um, sure. That sounds good," I say, hoping Rachel would be okay with that. She probably would be, I know her well enough to know she never turns down a party opportunity.

"Well can I get your number and text you later?"

"Yeah, sure. Give me your phone," I say holding out my hand. I quickly put it in and smile at him, turning back to the teacher.

"......If you do all this, you will do great here. Have a nice day and I will see you all when you're more settled in. You may go, get to know each other," He says with a smile. I should probably have listened enough to hear his name. Whatever, I'm sure I'll pick it up.

"I could hear you whispering to someone the whole time, who were you talking to?" Rachel says, punching me in the arm.

"Jake, he invited us out tonight."

"Who's Jake? Is he cute?"

"Yes, he is. You'll come won't you? I told him you would. Don't be a party pooper," I pout at her.

"Yeah I'll come. You know I would", she says laughing. "Can we just leave? We will socialise tonight."

"Do you really think I want to stay?"

"Lets go then," She says, walking away.