Lapis Lazuli x Homeworldgem!reader (ANGST AND VIOLENCE WARNING)

THIS IS A WARNING THERE IS A LOT OF VIOLENCE IN THIS ONE AND A CERTAINLY NOT HAPPY ENDING. Also alternate way Malachite could've gone, that would have been the 'worse scenario' Garnet was probably talking about lol

A/N: I am (not) sorry about this unrequested fanfic, I know Lapis has had more than her fair share of bad stuff but I'm such a suCKER FOR ANGST

(Y/N)= your name/ your gem's name

You missed her so, so much, and whenever you had a moment to yourself, you couldn't stop yourself from looking up at the stars, wondering where your beloved Lapis was now, or well, where her gem shards rested. It felt like eons since you last had made her laugh, since you last had made her smile, since you last saw her, since you last saw her gem, lying in the middle of a battle field.

Being promoted as a specialist in biological life forms, moments where you could think about her were rare, so you gained a new habit of zoning out of your work, thinking about anything that could have to do with your seemingly deceased lover.

Many others had been offered to you as suitors, Jaspers, Agates, a few Peridots here and there, but mostly other Lapis Lazuli's. It was quite offensive, to say the least, and with each suitor, you broke a little more on the inside. They expected you to move on so quickly, to just pretend some one else was her, and you did try, but you felt oh, so bad whenever you were around the 'replacement'. Something in your mind told you that seeing another gem, much less another Lapis Lazuli, would be wrong, would be an insult to her memory. After about 1 500 years of rejection, the suitors stopped flowing in.

During that time, your usual respectful, caring personality faded away, leaving you with nothing but the need to feel intimidating and strict. You were as mean as an Agate could be, if not, even more. The only thing keeping you from totally loosing it was the thought of your Lapis. With time, you grew annoyed of even the slightest mention of a Lapis Lazuli, not wanting to corrupt the only thing that made you feel something. Wether it was for formal business or not, everyone in your sector knew it was strictly forbidden to mention a Lapis Lazuli in your presence. They didn't even remind you of her, but the fact that they shared the same gem species made you sick. How could someone resemble her so much, yet be so oddly different?

"C-captain, there has been talk of a gem that has returned from an uncolonized planet called Earth, she seems to hold information." You teared your eyes away from the window in your headquarters, looking at the Facet 5 Peridot standing shyly in the doorway of your 'office'. You surely recognized her. She was one of those suitors you had, in the first years after the war.

"Great," you said, standing up and brushing invisible dust off your legs, "Question her, I want to know where the planet is right now, if it holds life, and if there are multicellular beings currently colonizing it."

"A-and about the Crystal Gems...?" Peridot quietly asked.

"Peridot, that has absolutely nothing to do with biology, you defective disgrace." She whimpered a bit, "But I suppose Our Diamond would be happy to finally shatter them all."

Peridot flinched upon hearing the word 'shatter', and stood there, awaiting your next orders. "What are you standing there for!? Interrogate the gem! Immediately! I will notify your supervisor about your absence, and you will accompany me and a Jasper to Earth afterwards, is this clear enough for you!?"

"Y-yes, (Y/N)!" With that, Peridot left, and you could hear very clearly her limb enhancers clanking against the metal floor as she ran through the hallway for what felt like ten minutes after she left.

With the new information, you barely had time to visit the said gem yourself, busy preparing the schedule for your trip to Earth. You also needed to plan meetings with your supervisors, as well as Yellow and Blue Diamond to authorize the said trip, which took a lot of time out of you. If you had mere seconds to yourself, it would have been considered a miracle.