|19|

Scared of living, 

afraid of dying, 

terrified of being. 

- L.A.S

***

"Are you sure that's all you need?"

I eye the small pack Orion carried. He looked down at it, confusion on his face for what else he might require. I sigh and grab the object from him, a sound of exasperation leaving me when I see a t-shirt and apple.

"Orion, what the hell is this?"

"You told me to pack..."

"I told you to pack your stuff, as in, all your stuff."

Confusion is still mixed within those grey eyes as if he is saying, what else would I need?

"By the Moon," I grumbled my curses, entering the bathroom, and pulling out the objects he needed to function daily.

"Toothbrush," I say the word slowly, holding it up for emphasis.

He almost looks insulted by the action.

Even with the addition of the other items though, the pack is still light.

"And where is your toothbrush?" he asks, looking down at the single one and giving me a challenging expression.

"I used yours," I said, before walking out, a satisfied grin forming on my face as those grey eyes narrow in disbelief.

It was still dark outside. The sun had not yet risen, and neither had the parents.

I turn to take in the small house, eyeing the dark windows. That really was their goodbye then.

"Are you ready male?" The old name slips back to my tongue, a force of habit after using the word all those months within my mind.

He doesn't comment on it though. Instead, he only nods, his eyes not looking at the house like mine. They were looking forward into the woods.

"We'll stop at several packs along the way for rest."

His mouth twists at my words. I realize that he would have no trouble staying in fur for the whole trip.

"Let's go then." He does not hesitate in taking off his clothes. It's only then that I am aware that this is the first time I am seeing his full flesh. He pauses, waiting for me.

I feel anger at my sudden modestly. He had already seen everything. I needed to get used to the sight also. I still could not help but glance at him.

I pack the clothes within the bag and turn at the sound of fur colliding with skin. The shift was like none I had ever seen before.

It was rough. Course. Not easy looking. There was almost a painful process in watching it. A beautiful harshness that came from the progression. It reminded me of cutting flesh purposely open to let out toxins that hid underneath the surface.

I frown at the sight. It was probably because Orion stayed too long in fur. He did not give skin enough time to heal over. He did not let his mind return to the state it should have been.

The wolf knew how to stay a wolf, but it did not know how to be something else.

He approaches me, taking the pack from my hands with his jaw.