Not that I cared at all about my locker, but in order for my quick escape from Jayce, I needed to put my things away, so I interrupted their romance moment. I cleared my throat, causing them to avert their gazes from each other, to me, “Before you guys start making out, can you do it on someone elses locker?”

“You’re not even going to ask if we’re together or not, what kind of best friend are you?” Lillian said jokingly.

I smirked, “Do I have to ask? It seems pretty obvious to me and everyone else.” I gestured openly towards the rest of the student body walking through the halls, stopping for a few moments to glance at the new couple.

A hand clamped itself onto my shoulder, starling me a bit, “Alex, I’ve been calling your name since class ended. Please just talk to me.” There was sadness in his eyes. His lips were set in a grim line, and he looked genuinely upset. “I already apologized for what I said, and I just need you to talk to me. This is actually a good thing you know?”

I couldn’t take looking at his adorable sad little face anymore. I guess he’s suffered enough of my silence. I failed at stifling my smile from him, “Why is this a good thing?”

“Well because relationships are –“ He paused for a moment, realizing what had just happened, “You talked to me.”

“Of course I did, and I forgive you by the way,” I admitted, as he slipped his fingers through mine.

His face instantly lit up, “Thank God, because I couldn’t last another minute without you.”

“What the hell is this?!” That didn’t come out from my mouth, but someone elses. The voice caught the attention of everyone in the hall. Pushing through the crowd, I saw Colton, looking as if someone just stuck a stick up his ass.

Bad reference, but you get the gist of it.

He stormed his way, stopping right in front of us four.

“C-Colton, I, uh, you-“ Lillian tried to muster up something to say, but nothing came out of her mouth.

“Since when did you get along with Miles? Last time I checked we hated him!” He exclaimed. “What happened to us?” His voiced wavered, and I could practically hear his heart breaking in half. “You said that we’d be together, all those talks we had together, you led me on!”

“Colton, Miles and Lillian have a lot of history together that you don’t know about –“ 

His head snapped towards me, “And you knew?! You knew and you didn’t tell me?! We’re best friends Alex, now I was totally fine when you betrayed me by dating this idiot –“

“Betrayed?”

“Idiot?” Jayce chimed in.

I elbowed him in the gut causing him to shut up.

“But when you decide not to tell me about something like Miles and Lillian, that’s it. I’m so done with you two! Especially you, Lillian!” He pointed towards her, causing her to seem taken back.

“Colton, I’m sorry, but Miles and I have so much history from when we were kids and I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

He laughed bitterly, and stepped closer to her, “Tell me what? That you were just going to break my heart into a million pieces? Tell me that what we had was nothing? Tell me that I shouldn’t have fell in love with you? Tell me that you’re some slut who led me on, with a fuck buddy on the side?!”

Miles quickly stepped in, “Woah, it was nothing like that! And don’t talk about her like that, for some guy who says he fell in love with her, you sure do act like a dick towards her. No wonder she chose me instead of you!”