10: Love Triangle

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Mike, what's up."

"You know how I feel, Florence." He replied and a smile appeared on my face.

"Let's have a video call, can we?" I requested and he accepted and hung up only to call me a few minutes later.

"Hey," I raised my phone and stared at Michael's face which had an amazing smile on it.

"It's good to finally see your face, I missed it," He replied and I took a quick glance at his surroundings. From the phone, he appeared to be seated in a large hall where people randomly hurried about with objects in their hands.

"Not as much as I did," I smiled and took quick paces in the large hallway I entered.

"Why are you in a hospital?" He demanded and stretched his neck forward to get a clear glimpse of the hallway.

"The sister of a friend of Philip's who's helping me with Tamara's case was hospitalized, I just came along with him."

"Oh, I see... And how's the case going?" He moved his gaze to someone seated beside him.

"We've made considerable progress."

I didn't want to raise his hopes by telling him that the kidnappers' hideout has been uncovered. Even if I'm positive that the coordinates were correct, I just had to wait and watch first.

"That's good news, by the way, meet Tyler, my favorite person here," he prodded the person seated next to him with his elbow and the guy tilted his head to glance at me. I waved shyly at him and examined his facial and bodily structure. He had long, wavy hair which lightly touched his shoulders and he had on a yellow and blue stripped shirt. I couldn't see the rest of his body.

"Hi, Florence right?" He spoke with much enthusiasm which I admired.

I nodded and waited for him to speak.

"Lover boy here, always speaks about you," Tyler waggled his brow at Michael who rolled his eyes.

"Lover boy?  Come on now, what century are you living in?" Michael queried, glancing at Tyler whose eyes returned to observe me.

"It was nice meeting you, Florence, I'll take this as my cue to leave, I wouldn't like you to experience how dramatic our arguing session can be," Tyler joked and I sniggered in response.

Michael conversed at length with me till I told him that I had to get back to the family I was visiting. He agreed and disconnected the call, leaving a promise to call me back later.

I strode back to Anna's room. Her eyes were closed and her hand was no longer in Sebastian's, it was resting gently on her stomach. A nurse was bent over her, keenly observing her.

"I'm afraid, you'll have to leave now," the young nurse straightened her body and glanced at us.

"It's fine, let's go," Stephen replied and stepped out of the room, I followed him and Sebastian trailed behind me.

As we walked down the hallway towards the entrance to the hospital, Sebastian turned his head towards me.

"I'm sincerely glad that you came along, it means so much to me," He professed.

"You don't need to thank me, I saw an opportunity to help and I did."

He gave me a wide smile and fixed his eyes on the floor we walked upon. Stephen wasn't paying attention to our conversation as his iPad engaged him.

When we reached Sebastian's car, he offered to drop me at home. I protested but he alongside Stephen persisted until I caved in.

I gave him the directions to my house which he typed into the GPS in his car.