9

Chapter 9: Could it be?

Ciara's pov

The first thing I became aware of was a steady beeping sound. The second thing was an intense and overwhelming feeling that was consuming  my body. There was a constant throbbing in my head that matched the rhythm of my heartbeat and the mechanical beeping echoing around me. A sharp and heavy pain in my chest made it hard to breathe. My eyes were closed and I didn't want to open them because of the fear that I might be here again. In the place I hate the most.

As I slowly opened my eyes, I blinked a few times to clear the blurry vision in my eyes. I scanned the room to orient myself and forced a smile when I realized I really was. The beeping sound was coming from a large, gray machine beside me. It took a moment for me to realize that I was connected to the machine through the various tubes sticking out of my arm. My arms and legs were cold despite being covered by a thick and soft blanket. There was the unmistakable smell of sterile equipment that was found only in a hospital.

I let out a heavy sigh before I slowly sat up in bed and wondered how I got here, because the last thing I remember was me fainting in my bed.

"Sinong nagdala sa akin rito? "I asked myself, but then someone suddenly popped into my mind. A small amount of smile flashed on my lips as I thought of that particular person who could be the one who took me in here.

"Could it be him?" I asked myself, referring to Tyron, but my smile quickly faded as my mind interrupted. Thinking that he just walked out to my room and left me behind while I was there screaming all my pain out.

"Pero hindi, malay mo naman, he might be guilty of what he did to you, 'di ba?" I tried convincing myself that it was him, the fact that I saw how he got worried earlier could be a chance that he still cared for me and he brought me here.

"I know he still cares for me, I won't doubt that."

"Ayos ka lang ba?"

"Oh, God!" I suddenly felt a little jump-scared on my system because of the shock when I heard someone speak out of nowhere. And when I turned my head on the door, there was a tall woman standing near the door looking at me while smiling. She even laughed when she saw my expression.

"Bakit ka naman po nanggugulat, aatakihin ako sa'yo sa puso, eh."

Marahan kong hinagod ang dibdib ko to calm myself down because I can still feel the fast beating of my heart. The nurse walks into the room while carrying a tray with food and medicine in it.

"Are you still good? Gano'n na ba siya kahigpit kaya pati utak mo ay naaapektuhan na rin?" Nagkasalubong ang dalawang kilay ko sa sinabi niya.

"Huh?"

"You're talking to yourself and laughing alone. I should have told them you shouldn't have been brought here," my brows furrowed even more.

"Where must I be taken, then?" I asked.

"Mental," she answered as she gently laughed, obviously just playing around. Mukha ba akong baliw para dalhin do'n?

"By the way, I'm Kaye." She introduced.

"I'm Ci-"

"Ciara. Yeah, I know, dahil ang taong nagdala sa'yo rito ay siya ring nagsabi sa akin na alagaan kang mabuti." My eyes widened at what she said. So, does that mean she knows who??

"S-sino? Can you tell me who?" I asked. The excitement was evident in the tone of my voice as I asked her, but it was also quickly dropped because of her answer.

"Secret!" I rubbed my nape when she smiled at me widely. But still.

"I'm thankful to whoever that person is, he just saved my life. Didn't know someone would really do that for me, he's so thoughtful." I utter while still in the process of thinking who could possibly be that person.