Gerard 5

Brendon and I walk down the shipping docks. The clamoring of steel crates being hauls around echoes through the open area. It's rather warm out, the sun bright shining down. The courier is standing out by a truck talking to the driver. "Suspect in sight," I say. 

        "You know what to do," Macy says through the earpiece. The courier knows how to get in contact with Elsa, he's the closest one we have. And from there, we can find Kelcer and then stop the attack from happening. Brendon will be displayed as the man in charge so he's the face they know to look out for. I would just be viewed as a middleman, therefore, not important to remember. "And Way, don't think about ditching your piece again."

        "Yeah, yeah, don't need to tell me twice," I say. 

        20 feet away from him, the truck driver rolls up the window and starts pulling out. The courier starts writing on a clipboard, shuffling along when he notices the two of us walking near him. He straightens up when he sees us. "Is there something you need?" he asks in Austrian. 

        "Information," I reply in Russian. It catches him off guard but he's amused. 

        "I see," he says, now in Russian. He's lightened up a bit. "Well, what can I provide you with? I may not have the-"

        "Elsa Beurn," Brendon states with an accent. Again, catches him off guard.

        "We would like to get in contact with her," I say. "My employer," I subtly gesture toward Brendon, "would like to arrange business with her. Word on the street is you can tell us how." 

        The courier focuses on Brendon more directly but he still talks to me. "I know Elsa but not any of that information. She has a mediator to talk to me for her. We rarely speak directly and even less do we see each other face to face."

        "Anything else will not suffice," I say. "We must meet with her in person. And rather shortly. Business calls and we can't stay around waiting." 

        "Understandable," the courier says. "She is having an arrangement with other businesspeople over the weekend. There is an art gala in Vienna at the Grand Hotel. She will be there and open to talk business."

        Brendon shifts his stance. "Nothing sooner?" her questions.

        "Well, she's a busy woman," the courier says lightheartedly. "And this is a rather close event that I know about. I'm not really told a lot, just enough to arrange things for the bosses."

        Brendon glares at me so I speak up. "That will not do, I am afraid. We will be out of the country before the end of the week."

        "Then there's nothing else I can do for you," the courier says. 

        Brendon turns around and starts walking away. "That will be all," I say, turning to leave, walking after Brendon. 

        Leaving the docking area, we're out earshot for sure. I glance behind me, making sure there's no one following. "Did you catch that?" I ask once we're well away, speaking normally and in English. 

        "Yes," Akari says. "That will work perfectly. So, Gerard, you know what to do?"

        "I'm going to need a tux," I say. "And the invitation. I'm sure this kind of thing isn't welcome all."

        "That will be taken care of no problem," Macy says. "Meet back at the hotel promptly."

        By the evening, we finished a sitrep report. Akari is working on setting up the invitation information for me. I honestly don't know what they're doing but I know it's important. Akari is the backbone of this operation. After everything wraps up, they leave and Brendon and I are just in the room. He's occasionally texting Sarah. "How's everything with her?" I ask.