Magnus sighed and felt guilty cause if he just closed the door before, Alec won't be this upset. He knocked on the bedroom door and push the it opened. He saw Alec was kneeling by the bed side clenching his stomach. "Alexander!" He grabbed Alec's body and rested on his body. "Why it hurts so much? Arrghhhh." Alec screamed in pain and tears flowing his cheek. "I'm calling an ambulance." Magnus let go of Alec and grabbed his phone. He quickly dialed the number and after he was done, he called Dr Ranver. She told them she will wait for Alec's arrival and prepared for them. Magnus ran back to the room and Alec was sitting on the floor squeezing his stomach. "Magnus, make it stop, please make it stop. It's too early, they can't come out now. Owww." Alec was screaming again, clenching his stomach and gripped Magnus hand on the other. "Shh, shh babe, everything's gonna be okay. I'm so sorry, its all my fault. If I stopped him you would be in better condition right now." Magnus expressing his guilt and Alec looked at him in his teary eyes feeling sorry. He looked back on the floor and screamed in pain.

They were at the hospitals and Magnus called everyone telling them Alec in the hospitals. Alec in the room while they were preparing him, putting on the monitor for the babies heartbeat. Alec clenching the bedside hard holding his pain. His face covered in sweats and his eyes were tearing. Magnus came back to the room after finishing the call and went to Alec's side. The nurse was standing next to Alec looking at the strip monitor came out. Her face frowned looking at it. Alec stop screaming as the pain stopped. "Hey baby, this is it. We're gonna be parent soon." Magnus stroke Alec's hair back from his forehead. Alec nodded smiled at him weakly. His face is pale and his eyes are tired. "Here's another one." The nurse said but then suddenly Alec sat up and clenching in pain, his eyes were closed and he gritted his teeth tightening his jaw making Magnus worried. He rubbed Alec's back and hushing soft words in his ears before he leaned back to the bed. Suddenly Dr Ranver came in and looked at the strip and she also frowned looking at it. "What is it?" Alec asked. He knows that look very well. His hand still holding Magnus'. "Alec we need to prepare you for surgery. We need to get the babies out now or we will lose them. Their heartbeat is dropping and your body is getting weaker as well." Alec teared up holding his forehead. "It's too soon, they can't come out now. what if they didn't make it?" Alec looked at Magnus and Dr Ranver. "It's okay Alec, we have a good team and best hand to take care of that. If their weights are sufficient they would survive but we need to get them out now. Possibly the cords are tied to each other making the babies heartbeat dropped." They both nodded and looking back to each other. "Can I be there? Please?" Magnus asked and Dr Ranver nodded. they prepped Alec for the OR and soon as they were pushing Alec out, his whole family is there. Maryse and Izzy grabbed Alec's hand and Jace by his legs. Maryse kissed his forehead and smiled. "I love you." Alec mouthed and smiled. They let go of their hands and Izzy sobbed louder. Jace holds Izzy and his mum tight in his arm calming them down. He has to be strong for their family. When suddenly they saw Magnus was wearing one of the hospitals clothes following behind Alec more like running towards him. They bumped to each other and hold in a hug for a quick seconds. He let go of the Lightwoods, "Wait here, I'm bringing my kids to you guys soon." Magnus smiled at them before disappear into the room.

Magnus sat by Alec's head and they were covered by a green sheet over Alec's body. They couldn't see what the doctor or the nurses doing but they were a lot of people. Alec looked at him in tears, there's tube on his nose for him to breathe. They could hear Dr Ranver giving orders to them calmly and softly. No wonder people loves working with her, she is so skillful and kind. "Alec you're ready to meet you babies? Here come the first one. It's a boy!" Dr Ranver holding the baby and gave to the nurses. They brought him to the incubator and suctioned the throat. They cleaned him and gave to Magnus. He cried holding his son in his arm and he put it close to Alec's face. His tears dropping by his side. Soon as their cheek touch the baby stop crying and he held Alec's cheek. "Hai Max. I love you so much." Magnus kissed Alec on his lips and he kissed his son's chubby cheeks. He gave back to the nurse so they can cleaned him and weighed him. "Okay Alec, here's the second one. Its a baby girl Alec, congratulations!" Alec and Magnus smiled and kissed each other. She cried louder than Max and they gave them to Magnus. "Hai Soph. Hai Sophie. You're so gorgeous. She's perfect Alexander." Magnus looked at Alec while held baby Sophie next to him. He cried and sobbed. He kissed her and looked at her. Magnus wasn't wrong. She is gorgeous. Dark hair, fair skin with red chubby cheeks. She looks like Izzy but not quite. They took the baby from Magnus arm and Magnus saw Alec was falling asleep. His eyes slowly closing and he could hear Dr Ranver started to rush things. "More suction please. Someone call the blood bank now and get me those blood. He's bleeding profusely. Standby an ICU bed. Get Dr Conner here right now." She was instructing them and he could see everyone was scattering. "Alexander, stay with me. Look at me!" He grabbed Alec's cheek and tapped a little to woke Alec up. "Alec please, stay strong. Stay with me. Please. Tell me what to do. What should I do!" He started to cry looking at Alec being weak and pale, pallor than usual. "Take care of them for me. I love you so much." Alec said and those were his last words. He closed his eyes and his head falls back in Magnus hand. "Alec! Alexander please. Please don't do this. Please don't leave me! Come back, please come back. Baby, I love you, I love you so much please. Alec!" He was shaking him to get up but the nurse pushed him out of the room making him fight and he struggle to released and he was out of control when the doctor was putting the tube inside Alec's throat. "Magnus please. We are trying to save him. I will do my best to save him but you have to stay outside. Go and see your kids. I will let you know anything. I promise." Magnus looked at her and saw her gloves were all bloody and so was her gown. "Please save him. Don't take him away from me." He was pulled outside by the nurse and they closed the door. He knocked on the door multiple time yelling Alec's name before he could feel someone touching his back. He flinched and looked back. It was Jace. Izzy, Maryse and Cat was behind him. He hugged Jace and cried on his shoulder so hard. They wouldn't dare to ask what happened inside. Maryse and Izzy was hugging each other. They could see Magnus so heartbroken. They could only hoped for Alec's being, hoping he would survived it.

Its been hours since Alec deliver and nobody came out yet telling them anything. Magnus was pacing around in nervousness and he prayed to god for Alec's health. Suddenly a nurse came to him. "Mr. Bane? Would you like to see your kids?" Magnus looked at her and shake his head continued to pace around and looking at the floor. "Magnus, they need you. Your kids need you." Izzy signing but Magnus looked back at her with fury in his eyes. "What about me? I want Alexander. I need him too. He should be here." Magnus sobbed and he leaned his body by the wall and dropped on the floor. He hugged his knees and cried so hard. Maryse held them back and went with the nurses to the nursery. Izzy leaned next to Magnus and held his shoulder. He looked up at her with tears all over his cheeks. He was lucky he didn't wear any glitter or eyeliner as usual cause sure as hell he would look horrible. "Magnus, its not fair to the twins. They need their parents now more than ever. Alec might not be here, but you need to be there for them." Magnus looked at Izzy and he rested back his forehead on his knees. Izzy gave up and she followed Maryse to the nursery.

They were at the nursery showing room and there were a lot of babies. Some were small and others are chubs. They all looked so cute. It was then the nurse pushed the basinets to them and they saw the tag on each basinet. 'Baby of Alec Lightwood (Sophia) 2.5kg, Baby of Alec Lightwood (Max) 2.7kg' on each basinet. "Alec named them Max and Sophia?" The nurse nodded and smiled, leaving them with the babies. Maryse couldn't help but teared up, she held Max and Izzy held Sophie. They looked at each other and felt like Alec was staring at them. They both had hazel brown eyes with a bit of gold in them, dark raven hairs with red chubby cheeks and a small pointed nose. They all look alike Magnus and Alec combined. There once you will see them look like Alec and sometimes Magnus. Maryse kissed Max on the cheek and she saw him staring blinking his eyes. "Hai Max, I'm your nana. Welcome to the world love." Izzy looked at her mum and saw the tears. She knows how much her mum missed their little brother Max and Alec naming his kid on behalf making her more emotional. "Hey lil Sophie, you and I will be besties. I will buy both of you anything you want." She kissed her on her chubby cheeks and she fell asleep when she rocked her. They were so lost in their own world when Jace came in. "Alec is out." They both put the babies back in the basinet and gave to the nurse. They ran towards the waiting area and saw Magnus sitting on the chair with head in his hand. "What happened? What is going on? Is he okay?" Maryse asked, as they were running towards the doctor. "Mrs Lightwood, Alec in recovery. He lost a lot of blood and apparently the cancer damaged his liver and they managed to remove the cancer but it took portions of Alec's liver. They will keep him monitored for any further damaged and if so, they will have to make a transplant. They starting his chemotherapy as we speak. He will be monitored in ICU and -" Dr Ranver stopped herself before continuing. "and what? Tell us." Izzy started to raised her voice, impatient waiting for the doctor to finished her words. "Alec is in critical condition. If he survived tonight he might have chances to live but if he don't -" Izzy sat on the chair next to Magnus while Jace hold Maryse. They were all covered in tears and the most broken of them all is Magnus. He couldn't stop repeating the words of the doctor saying Alec might not make it that he might died. He stood up all of sudden. Wiping his face with his sleeves. "Alec will make it. He's a strong person and I know he will survived this. Trust me." He turned on his heels and left, heading towards the ICU.

He wanted to go in and look at Alec but they refused to open the door and making him frustrated but before he could act out, Cat holds him back and hugged him. "Hey, it's okay, give them time to settle Alec in. You will see him in a minute." He let go of Cat's embrace and looked down at the floor. He never felt this vulnerable and weak. Feeling all lost and the only thing that could bring him back is Alec.