Chapter 2

Here I am standing in front of my parents house after I rang the doorbell. Then I heard some thumping behind the door as someone is running down the stairs to get the door eagerly. I just hope its Izzy. Then the door opened, thank god it was Izzy.

"Alec!", she shouted, literally we are 2 feet away. She didn't blink or even hesitated once, she straight up hugging me and I hugged her back tightly. How much I missed her, I miss my little sister so much. Her small petite body just cuddle on my chest and I could smell her hair. Her long silky black hair that was bun up- messy, smells like lavender oil, cause she always put it to make it smooth as it is. She's wearing my sweater with black skinny tights. I know she missed me too cause thats the only reason why she wears my clothes.

Izzy is really good at styling herself and thats why she always being cat-called whenever she go out but that never put her down cause she is a smart woman and she didn't go for guys like that, cause her guy choice is that nerdy guy Sheldon, or was it Shawn, whatever his name is. "Its so good to see you, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?" She asked as she saw my expression changed and the fact that I have my bagpack on my back.

I just couldn't answer her and instead I look down to my feet and scribble the rug on our doormat. Tears started to build up in my eyes and they fall out without I even noticing, damn these eyes they just have their mind of their own. I hope I was strong to tell her but I just couldn't find the words. So she decide to give me a consoling hug and rub my back and whispered, " shh.. its gonna be okay, everything is gonna be okay. Your home now."

Alec just couldn't stop the tears and suddenly he hears a familiar voices behind Izzy, it sounded like it comes from the kitchen. "Izzy? Who's at the door?" Alec couldn't describe his feeling whether he is happy or scared. Why would he be scared? Oh yeah because he literally left his family and went to his boyfriend (or now ex-boyfriend) and chose to live with him instead. But as soon as he saw his mother, he was stunned. He couldn't say anything except, "Mum?". Maryse looked at his eldest son in shocked and tear build up in her eyes, "Alec?"

Alec couldn't move, he feels like he want to run and never come back, but where he would run? He was so scared on how his mother would react, but instead, he was pulled into a hug and he just drop his bag to the ground, wrapping his arm around his mum's body tight and sobbed on her shoulder. Even though she is smaller than him, he just bend his upper body and sobbed in his tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I missed you so much." Alec just let out his feeling he has been missing his mum for this 3 years. Maryse cupped her son's face and have a good look at him. "Oh my boy, your not taking care of yourself well. What has that bastard did to you? I will kill him." Yes Maryse still hate Magnus even after all this years. But Alec just noticed something, he hasn't take a good look at himself for weeks cause the fight he had with Magnus. He's been fighting with him for weeks. One after one argument, and it's like a ticking time bomb and waited for explode. I guess tonight is the event. Only now he noticed how his body got skinnier and paler cause he has lesser appetite whenever he had a fight with Magnus. No matter how many times Alec passed out in his apartment, Magnus wouldn't care. Sometimes Alec just passed out of stressed due to overthink and woke up the same spot. Magnus didn't bother to notice how much Alec suffers and how his body changed due to stress he gave him. As long as he is fully satisfied on his alpha needs is good enough for him.

Those memories hit him hard and he just look down to his shoes. "Magnus and I broke up. It was all my fault. I'm sorry for everything that happened, I'm so sorry." Alec want to continue more but then he heard a voice, the most he feared off. "I said it before, and I will say it again, he is not good for you and if you would listen to me you wont be like this right now. He is not right for you and look what he has done to you. You lost your family, your career, everything." That was Robert's voice, his father who he despised ever since he was a teenage age.

His dad has all the right to say it since Alec refused to take over his family company and his father had to chose another successor. He is happy for his choice to make Jace his adoptive son as his successor but he wanted Alec to listen and do what he was told. What hurts Alec's the most is that his father is right. Magnus would dump him one day and he will crawl back to his father begging for help. How he hated himself for it. Being at the lowest of his being. He just kept quiet and silent haunting the scene.

"Are you gonna leave us to that boy again? Are you gonna leave your family and follow your stupid head again?" Asked Robert. Alec couldn't say any word he just shake his head no. " I won't, I promised" he wasn't sure why he agree on that term. Even before he had fights with Magnus, he knew they will find their way back to each other, no matter what. But now, he just gave up and chose to forget him. " good, now you can go upstairs to your old room, clean yourself and get ready for dinner." Alec just nodded and head upstairs.