Chapter 11

Throughout the car ride, Magnus has only one thing in his mind, Alec. He couldn't figured out what is wrong with him and it worries him to death. As he parked his car he called Izzy again on his cell. Luckily Izzy answered the phone. "Which floor?" He asked. "second, 208, hurry Mags" she answered and making Magnus ran through the apartment. Soon he arrived in front of Alec's door and he pushed the door opened. Izzy must have unlocked it for him to enter. As he entered the apartment he saw how the hall is empty but only a couch in middle of it. Then he heard Alec's voice screaming, he ran to the bedroom and saw Izzy by his side, dapping wet cloth on his forehead. He never sees Alec like this, pale and skinny and in pain. "What is going on? What's wrong with him?" Izzy looked at him in shocked but she couldn't answer. Alec is screaming in so much pain causing Magnus to pushed Izzy out of his way. He grabbed Alec by under his neck and his knees and picked him up. He carried him out from the apartment and rushed him to his car and drove to the hospital. They both stay quiet in the car and Alec was the only one who screamed once and a while. Magnus drove straight to the ER and he carried weak Alec in his arms and shouted for help. They saw him in shocked and bring out the stretcher. He placed Alec on the stretcher and they pushed him inside. They started asking him questions but Alec couldn't answered, so Izzy had to open her mouth eventually. "What happened to him?" The nurse asked while putting the monitor on him. "He's 14 weeks pregnant, he has pain in his tummy since morning." Izzy said not dare to look at Magnus. "Any bleeding?" The nurse continued. She shook her head off. "Any medical or surgical history before?" She remember now Alec has cancer. "He is newly diagnosed cancer, you can asked Caterina, she is his nurse before." Now Magnus is even more shocked that not just Alec has cancer while pregnant and now his own best friend knows about this but didn't tell him anything. "We cant expect on Catarina being here all the time sweety, she's post night duty. She wont be back till tonight." The nurse said making Izzy felt guilty for being nurse in favor. They started putting Alec on drip and took some of his blood. They pulled his shirt up and saw bruises by his ribs and abdomen. "What happened to this?" She looked at both Izzy and Magnus and expect some answer. "He had a fight and he got kicked there yesterday." Izzy said and really she couldn't bare to see Magnus' face. She knows Magnus is furious and he will demand some answer later but now she only worried about Alec. "What kind of an Omega had a fight while carrying his baby?" the nurse mumbles while tending to Alec. They started doing some procedures on him and Alec stopped screaming for a while. They asked both of them to wait in the waiting room until Alec is stable.

In the waiting lounge, Izzy tried again calling Jace but couldn't get through, she left couples of voicemail and turned to Magnus. He is pacing in the room not talking to her but he is a mess. "Magnus." She tried to make conversation. "Don't fucking talk to me Izzy. You kept this a secret from me. Both of you!" He started to raised his voice in anger. "Magnus I'm sorry, its not my choice but Alec's. We just found out. It all happening so fast." She said then noticed tears were falling on her cheeks. "Its mine Izz, my baby too. I deserve part of this. Alec don't have a say in this." "Babies" she corrected him. Making Magnus turned and looked at her. He held his hand on his mouth covering his feelings. He doesn't know whether to be happy or scared and now even more terrified about all. "Izzy why didn't you tell me any of this? How can you kept it secret from me." Izzy shook her head not agreeing to what he said. "You let him go. You left him all alone. Where were you when Alec needed you!? Where were you when Alec screamed middle of the night for you! Where were you when Alec had the procedure screaming in pain begging for you to be by his side! Your not there, you were happy letting him go and move on with your life. Not a single call or text and all the time Alec was on his phone, hoping you would have at least called him or text him asking how he were but no. You were too selfish to even think you deserve to be part of this." She let go her anger to Magnus after all the time she spent with Alec. "It's not my choice, I had too Izz. I don't have a choice." He said and then he turned to sit at the sofa holding his head in his hand. Izzy heard him crying, sobbing. She sat next to him and held him in her arm, Magnus leaned to her and hugged her. "I don't get it Magnus, why you're crying if you the one who decide to broke up?" Izzy is confused now and even more confused seeing Magnus all worried about Alec. "I cant lose him Izzy, I love him. I love him so much it hurts. I cant sleep, I cant think and I cant even do anything right. Its not my choice to let him go. Its Roberts." Magnus said making Izzy pushed him from the hug and couldn't believe what she heard. She was about to asked Magnus more when suddenly someone entered the room, "Mr Alec Lightwood." The lady asked on behalf of Alec's. "Yes! Is he okay?" Magnus asked concerned and impatient. "Who are you to him?" "He's his boyfriend and I'm his sister." Izzy added making Magnus surprised at her gesture. "Owh, okay. I'm Dr Ranver from the OB department but you can call me Lisa. Have a seat, we need to talk." They both sat on the couches while the lady sat in front of them grabbing the metal chair and crossed her legs with files on her lap. "Mr Lightwood had a threatened abortion. Maybe due to some event causing his body to unable hold on the pregnancy. We noticed some bruises on his abdomen and ribs but we weren't unable to do Xray since he is pregnant but we assuming he had fractured the area. We managed to stabilized him and stopped the pain, but he need to stay couples of days for monitoring and rest. His body is dehydrated and he is malnourished which is not good since he is in the first trimester which is the most delicate time. Otherwise it could happened again and this time he would lose the babies for sure." Magnus and Izzy listened to the doctor with such relieved. "So they are alright? Can I see him?" Magnus asked and Izzy know he is impatient. "Yes, they are all fine. You can see him now but please don't make him more upset. He cried a lot and I can feel he is emotionally unstable not just because of the pregnancy." She looked at her hoping she could find out more but Izzy made it short. "We have some family issues at the moment but I promised I will keep him out of it, thank you so much doctor." Then she stood up shaking the doctor's hand and left the room followed by Magnus. They both entered Alec's room and saw him on the bed. There's monitors on his chest, his arms has tube connected to the fluids they hanged next to him. There's tube along his nose connected to his ears she assumed it's oxygen for him to breathe better. The monitor making sound, slow and regular similar to Alec's breathing. She sat by his bed, holding his hand. She couldn't help tearing up but she hold her tears not wanting Alec to see her cry. Then Magnus came to the other side. Holding Alec's cheek with his palm, he leaned down giving him a kiss on his forehead. Izzy looked at him and back at Alec, he still asleep and look so peaceful. "You should rest Izzy, you look tired. I'll look after him." Magnus said while rubbing her hand. "No, he should see me when he's awake. I wont go anywhere." She is stubborn and Magnus knows better. He gave up and sat on the sofa next to the window, leaving Izzy by Alec's bedside leaning her head by Alec's hand. She didn't even realized when she fell asleep.

She woke up when she felt Alec's hand under her cheeks moving. She saw Alec tried to open his eyes. Few times he flicked his eyes before he opened them. Then he saw Izzy by his side. He smiled at her and rubbing her cheeks with his thumb. She cried holding Alec's hand. Then he realized, he held up his head and touching his tummy, "Izzy, the babies? Are they?" He looked at her with fear, fear of losing the twins. She held him back, "Shh, Alec its okay, the babies are alright but you need to rest, you need to regained your strength or it will happen again." Alec sighed and relieved he still carrying them, then suddenly Magnus went to the room, not realizing Alec is awake making the scene more awkward. "What is he doing here?" Alec asked in disgust. "Alec I called him, he helped me getting you to the hospital." "Why? Why you called him? Out of all people why him?" Alec started to raised his voice and starting to stood up from his bed. "Because out of all people nobody is available and I'm glad Izzy called  me. Otherwise I couldn't know the fact your carrying our babies in danger. How could you Alexander? How could you not tell me?" Magnus started to argued with him even its the last thing he wanted to do. "How could I? You left me? You left us remember? You chose not to be part of my life anymore. So why bother if I'm dead or alive?" "Not till I knew you were carrying our child! I deserve to know too Alexander and you cant hide it from me forever." Alec wanted to argue more but Izzy cut them both, "Enough both of you! Magnus you heard the doctor don't made Alec more upset and just tell him the truth." Izzy made the statement clear making Alec looked at him with wide eyes. "What truth? About what?" Magnus looked down on his feet, rubbing his forehead with his hand, "Can we talk like an adult and stop with the argument? I promise I will tell you everything if you promise me to take care of yourself." Alec sighed, placing his hand on his face. "Fine." Izzy happy that his brother finally calm down and wanted to give Magnus a chance to explained himself. "I'll leave you two alone, Alec I have to go home now, I'll see you tomorrow okay?" She said while kissing his cheeks. She went to Magnus and gave him a hug and mouthed thank you for today and left her idiot brother fixing his own life.

"Talk." Alec motion for the conversation starter. Magnus sat beside him putting his arm on the bed. "I know what I did is wrong but I'm sorry. Alec I'm so sorry and if I could find another word for sorry I would say it but I am terribly sorry for what happened. Your dad asked me to meet him at his office few months ago and told me he wants to talk about you, I mean us." Alec listened to Magnus quietly giving him a chance to say whatever he wants before replied it back. He wanted to scream at his father and even at Magnus but he control himself not making a scene. " he told me he want me to leave you so you could have a better life, he would take you back and he will make you the successor as he promised. So that's why I was so cold between us and ended our relationship so you could have a better life Alec. I want you to be happy." Alec couldn't believe what he heard and he wished he could slap Magnus's face for saying that. "Magnus you know I'm happy enough when we are together. Why do you think I needed my father to make me even more happier?". "Alexander don't lie to yourself, you always do this. You lied to people so that they will not see your suffering. You can't lie to me. I saw how you cried seeing photos of your siblings and your mum. How you saw Max's photo in your phone, you cried holding it till you fall asleep. When we had dinner with Jace and Izzy, how you hugged them refused to let them go and I have to pull you out of it making me even more guilty of separating you guys apart. I know how much you missed your mum and being with your family. So don't lie to my face and said you're happy with me." Alec couldn't believe what he heard, he thought Magnus didn't know about the picture. How Alec suffered through everything and not being able to hold his mum. His father had her like a property. He started to tear up making Magnus scared and he sat on the bed holding Alec's cheek with his palm. "I wished I could take everything back and prevent him from hurting you but I cant and I'm so sorry. But I promised you I will never leave you alone. I will never leave you anymore Alexander. You have my word." Magnus looked deep into Alec's hazel eyes. He had tears in them and when he blinked, it falls like the rain at the window glass. He nodded and hug him. He'd cried in Magnus's shoulder while Magnus rubbed his back hushing him, calming him down. "You should rest, I don't want you on your feet till the doctor said so." He said letting Alec's lied down on the bed with blankets on his chest. "What if I have to use the bathroom?" "I'll carry you." Magnus smiled noticing how Alec respond to him saying he will carry him. He looks like he's gonna laugh but end up giving him a smirk making Magnus smiled too. Then he fall asleep while holding Magnus' hand.