Chapter 28

Cat came as soon as Magnus calls her, she brought Madzie with her too. Luckily for them its her off day. Soon as she was at the loft, she went to the bedroom and saw Alec lying on the bed. His back was a bit up by the pillow and he's looking out to the window on his right. He didn't realized that Cat entered the room. "Hey bud, you're okay?" Alec looked at her and he nodded weakly. Cat took his side and sat on the bed putting her hands on his leg. "Wanna talk about it?" Alec shake his head signing no and he kept on looking out to the window. He couldn't see her in her eyes and she knew how devastated he's in right now. "Its a beautiful day, what do you say we go out and have some fun. Alec kept his silence and Cat gave up trying to talk to him. So she got up and pulled Alec out from the bed. "Come on, you are not gonna sit around all day and do nothing. We are going out." Alec got confused and he looked at her with frown. "I'm not in the mood Cat, just let me be." He pulled back his hand and lie down on the bed with his back facing Cat. She was done playing like this. She pulled Alec's blanket and Alec got up immediately. "What the hell Cat? cant you take a hint?" Cat crossed her arm and looked at him with devils eye. "Either you get up, or I'm gonna tell Magnus that you are not okay to stay at the loft so he will get you to the hospital and you can spend all the time you need on the bed - at the hospital." She raised her eyebrow and looked at Alec. He rolled his eyeball and sighed. "Fine!" He got up and the moment he got up, Magnus get into the room and he saw Alec standing by the bed. "We're going shopping!" Cat shouted making Alec stunt and Magnus confused. Either way they just agreed to the idea. They brought Madzie with them and Alec had more fun with her than he had with Magnus or Cat. Clary decide to went out for a date with Jace after they left the loft.

Alec was sitting at the couch with Magnus and Cat picking up baby's clothes. He looked at them with confused look and Madzie was by his side. "Who do you think actually carrying the babies?" Alec looked at Madzie and she laughed at his words. Alec couldn't help but smiled. He saw how Magnus and Cat was fighting over colors. He wanted the glitter one but cat wanted the pink one and they both have no idea on the sex yet. Which made 50-50 chances that the clothes might actually worn. Alec was bored and he looked at Madzie who were sitting on his lap playing with his fingers. "What do you say we get some ice cream shall we?" Madzie's face light up when she heard the word ice cream. She got off his lap and start to jump. They left Magnus and Cat alone at the shop picking up more clothes. They walked to the ice cream stand and buy themselves Napoleon ice cream for Madzie cause it looked like rainbow and she loves unicorn. Alec bought himself chocolate chip ice cream and they both enjoyed while eating at the table. Alec smiled seeing Madzie eating it and making smudge all over her lips. He wiped it off with a tissue and continued on eating when suddenly someone was interrupting their moments. "Well, well, looked at what the cat dragged in." Alec looked by his shoulder and he saw a girl in a red dress. She was wearing high heels and the dress was short at above her knees. "Camille." He sound scared but the fact was actual annoyed. She sat down by his side and placed her shopping bag on the floor. "I don't think I would see you again Lightwood. How's life? Does Magnus left you yet? Has he come to his senses that you are not worth his time." Alec smiled at her words and he leaned back on the chair showing her his bulging tummy. It might not be big enough but its visible. "I don't know, you tell me." He said while rubbing his tummy. Camille looked at him with wide eyes and she clenched her fist under the table. "You expect me to believe that was actually Magnus' baby?" She smirked and looked away from Alec. "Believe what you want but its all his and I am not gonna let you ruined my day." He stood up and grabbed Madzie but she pulled Alec's hand. "Magnus gonna leave you for me and I'm sure of it. We slept together after he dumped you. But I guess he loves charity work and he felt sorry for you so that's why he let you stay at his loft. Well at least until the baby is born and who knew after that. I'm always gonna be Magnus' girl." The word hit Alec like a train. He couldn't move or replied back to what she said but instead his tears start to flood in his eyes. "and you think you're special Alexander. You're just a charity case." She whispered in his ear before she leave. Alec closed his eyes and the tears dropped. He hated how Camille affect him like this and he couldn't fight it. "Alexander!" He heard someone was shouting his name and he knew Magnus was looking for him. He wiped his eyes with his sleeves and his tear dry up. Magnus came to the table and put all the shopping bag on the chair. He looked at Alec and he saw Alec's eye were red and his cheek is shining. "Alexander are you okay? What happened?" Cat came by his side and rubbed Alec's arm. Suddenly Madzie spoke. "There's a lady in a red dress hurt uncle Alec." Magnus looked at her shocked and Cat picked her up, carried Madzie on her body. "Camille was here? What did she said? Did she hurt you?" Magnus was getting worried and he's checking on Alec to see if he's okay. Alec turned to face Magnus and looked straight into his eyes. "What do you care? I'm just a charity case. Go sleep with her if you want to. I'm leaving." He left Magnus by the table and start walking. He doesn't know where he was going and how but he just disappear in the crowd.