Chapter 14

Never in his life he would see Alec like this. He is covered in pool of blood, his face is white as papers and his mouth is dripping with blood. There's blood everywhere on his chest soaking the sheets and blankets. They are 3 nurses by his right side setting up some fluids and yelling at each other while the other 2 nurses is by Alec's right side with the doctor holding the ultrasound machine. "He needs to be in OR now! Move it!" The doctor shouted and her arm is covered with bloods. He guessed Alec must have vomited on her arm while she was examining her. "Mr Bane, I need your consent. Mr Lightwood must have ruptured an organ causing him to bleed and if we don't get him into OR he will die and so will the babies. I need your consent now!" She shouted causing Magnus jumped in shocked since he is literally standing there looking at Alec. "Magnus!" Izzy shouted making him comes back to reality from his lost thought. He signed the paper and he ran to Alec. "Alec listen to me baby, I love you, I love you so much. I will be here waiting for you when you wake up okay? I know your strong and you will pull it through. You will live, we will have our babies together and I will wake up every morning seeing your face and go to sleep every night looking at you. I need you Alexander. I need you in my life. Please stay strong, for both of us, for four of us." Magnus couldn't help but crying his eyes out, seeing Alec weak in his arms making him wanted to take his place. He wishes he could take his place. He's not sure whether or not Alec heard him because Alec started to get drowsy and his eyes is not focusing on Magnus. He kissed his lover's forehead while holding his head in his hands. "Lo-o-love y-y-you too." He replied with difficulty. They hold hands tight on Alec's chest. Then they started to push Alec out from the room heading to OR. "Guys, stay here. I will let you know what happened to him, I promised." Cat said while helping them to OR. she's not part of the team but she just help around since she knows Alec personally.

It has been 3 hours but nobody said anything. Magnus is pacing around the room with Jace and Izzy on the couch. Izzy has her hand in her head looking down at the floor. She was praying hard for her brother safety. Jace fidgeting in guilt and fear of his brother. He was biting his nails, that was his habit since he was a kid. Alec sees right through it. He always knows when Jace is hiding something cause when he is nervous he will bite his nails. "Stop that." Izzy slapped his hand down stopping him. Then he looked upon to Magnus who hasn't sit since Alec left the room. "Magnus." He said while stood up and get near him. Magnus lift his finger towards Jace signing he's not in the mood to fight at the moment. "Magnus hear me out please." He begged. "I'm sorry, for everything that happened. It's all my fault Alec got in this situation. I can see now how you keep your words. I'm sorry I blamed you." He looked down to his feet not wanting to see his face. He's scared Magnus will hit him again but instead he pat him on his arm and smiled. His smile isn't fake but tired. He's tired of waiting for Alec and nobody explained anything to them. He became more impatient and he was about to leave the room when Cat walked in. "Where are you going?" She asked Magnus and Magnus just shrugged his shoulder not letting be scolded by his friend. "How's Alec? Is he okay?" Magnus asked or more like force her to answer. "Alec is in ICU now, they need to monitor him there. We were right, he ruptured a spleen probably due to the trauma he had before. So they removed the spleen, they even took the biopsy from his liver for cancer staging and Magnus- " she looked at him and saw how he got tears in his eyes. "they are all fine. Alec and the babies is alright. He lost a lot of blood so that is why he need to be monitored in ICU just for tonight. You guys can see him for a while but you need to leave after the visiting hours. And don't fight me in this!" She hold up her hand preventing them to argue on staying with Alec for the night. "you can stay with him tomorrow once he is out from the ICU." Magnus hugged her tight and ran to the ICU. He was followed by Jace and Izzy and when they reached ICU, Cat helped to opened it with her ID. They both ran to Alec's cubicle, he found Alec on bed with tubes and monitor all over him. He want to drop on the floor seeing Alec like that. There's tube on his mouth for him to breathe, both of his arm has tubings for fluids and he saw blood in line too. Theres another tube from his body hooked on the side of the bed, the tube connected to a small bag that filled with dark colored fluids that looks like blood. His chest is raising slowly and regularly unlike when he is in pain which is really fast and deep. He stood there by his side held his hand with his, then he leaned in to kiss his temple. He cried seeing his beloved like this. He wish is him on that bed not his Alec. Izzy and Jace went to the other side and Izzy gave him a kiss on his cheek. "I love you Alec. You're strong and I know you pull through." They sat there for at least couple of hours just looking at him breathing through the tube that connected to one monitor by the bed side. It sounds like when you went to scuba diving if you get closed to the machine. Then one of the nurse came inside to changed the bags. "I'm sorry you guys but visiting hours is over and I need you guys to leave so we can start on our rounds." She smiled looking at them and no respond coming from any of them. "Guys lets go, we will come again tomorrow morning. Magnus?" Izzy said looking at Magnus. He wiped his tears with his hand and shook his head. "You guys go, I will stay for awhile." Izzy looked at him and tried to pull him together with her and Jace. "Magnus, Cat told us to leave remember? Otherwise they will call the security to escort you out. You will never get to see Alec until he is discharged." Izzy was right, Cat did told them to stay only for a while. Magnus refused for any trouble. So he get up, kissed Alec's hand and then his forehead and whispered in his ears. "I love you, I see you tomorrow love." Then he went down to his tummy, carefully placing his hand on his lower tummy and kissed it. "Daddy's going home for awhile but I will come back tomorrow to see you guys okay. Behave for daddy, don't let papa in pain please." He kissed Alec's tummy again before he stood up left the room. Jace and Izzy kissed Alec's cheek and forehead before taking their leave. After they left the ICU, they both went to the parking lot and Izzy went home with Jace as she promised. Magnus went to his car and closed the door. He stood there staring blankly, not doing anything, not even turned on the ignition just stay still, resting his head on the headrest. Then he started to cry. He sobbed his feelings out, he punched his car steering wheel causing it to honk few times and few times he hit his fist on the dashboard releasing his anger and frustration. "God please! If you are real, if you can hear me please. Please don't take him away from me. Please give me more time with him... Please give me time to make up my mistake. I cant lose him please don't take him from me. I need him" Magnus said those words in tears and hoping that his prayer will be answered. After a while he calm himself down and he drove home wishing that tomorrow would come soon.