Chapter 40

Maddy's POV:

I awoke, snuggled into a warm body. I instantly recognised the scent as Will's. His muscular arm, pulling me closer to him and tightened around me.

"Pull me much closer and I fear we'll merge into one person." I laughed, knowing he was awoke from the lack of snores.

"Is it so wrong for me to want to hold you close?" He asked, hissing the top of my head.

"Guess not." I smiled, tracing my finger down the centre of his six pack.

His hand engulfed mine as he snatched it off his stomach. "That tickles." He stated in a whisper.

"Oh really?" I smirked, sitting up.

"You don't want to start this." Will said, raising a brow.

"Maybe I do?" I grinned, mirroring his expression before leaping at him, dancing my fingers over his bare upper body.

Within seconds he had me pinned against the mattress, sitting above me. He smirked down at me before coming closer to my face and kissing my lips. It was long and passionate, refreshing from all the worries of last night.

"Well I was going to take you for breakfast but how about we sack that?" Will questioned.

"Hmm." I squinted my face. "I think I can allow that."

His smiling lips moved to my neck which bought me pleasure as he knew exactly where my soft spot was.

His hands pulled my shirt over my head and I quickly began unbuttoning my jeans from yesterday.

"Wait." I said, pressing a hand to his chest. "How did you get here?"

"Really? I thought you'd be an expert on bringing a person into the world?" He questioned with a playful smirk.

"I mean, in my house- my room?"

"Ross let me in." He replied, leaning down.

"Ross was here?" I asked.

"Did you know?"

A loud crash came from downstairs and Will instantly sat up. "I'll go check." Will said, getting up.

"Where'd you put my clothes?" I asked.

He shrugged with a smirk, throwing his shirt at me before charging down the stairs.

Ross's POV:

I was scraping the pancake on to the plate when suddenly a pair of hands pulled me back. I was slammed over the kitchen counter, my arm bought up behind my back and between my shoulder blades.

A pained groan escaped my lips and suddenly the grip loosened.

"Ross?" Will questioned.

"Yes you moron." I spat.

A small giggle came from the doorway and Will quickly let me up. "Wow, impressive, you caught your brother?" Maddy chuckled, stepping bare foot on to the kitchen tiles.

My glued to her smooth naked legs, trailing up to the long shirt she wore that loosely wrapped around her in all the right ways.

She walked behind the counter, leaning over the wooden counter top, the oversized v-neck dropping forward slightly, revealing more of her chest area than Will would like me to see but I couldn't help looking.

The direction of my eyes caught her attention and she stood up straight.

Maddy's POV:

"First he offers to take me out and now you're making breakfast, what's going on?" I asked, suspicious.

"Who said you were getting any of MY pancakes?" Ross questioned.

"The third plate." I replied, crossing my arms.

"Call it payment for letting me crash on your couch." He shrugged, turning around and picking up the plate.

"I never let you crash on my couch?" I questioned, looking over at the crumpled blanket and Ross's shoes over the floor before catching up and glaring back at him.

"If you don't want it..." He trailed off, drawing the plate away from me which I quickly patched my hands around.

"I never said that." I grinned, setting it in front of me.

Will handed me a knife and fork, joining me at the counter as Ross slumped on to the couch with his. "You should really learn to lock your door." He stated, shovelling his food into his mouth.

"And you should really learn table manners." I retorted, cutting into my pancake. "Besides, it's a small village, everyone knows everyone- no one would dare break in here."

Ross shrugged.

"When are you moving back?" Will asked.

A loud thudding came from the door, almost a knock but heavier and deeper.

My eyes quickly met Ross's as I feared it would be Liam. I stood up, dropping my cutlery but Ross rushed to the door, unlocking and opening it.

"Since when did you lock your door?" Dad asked, walking in with two boxes stacked on top of each other.

"What's in the box's?" I asked, taking the top one off him and almost dropping it.

Will smirked, standing up and taking it from me with one hand. I playfully slapped the side of his arm as he set it down in the corner of the room.

"You're moving back in today, remember?" Dad asked, handing the other box to Will as he returned. "Figured I'd give you a hand."

I looked around before grabbing his arm and pulling him into the hallway, shutting the door behind us. "Dad, what did you do after we left?"

"I did what I said, tidied up the mess and got some reassurance his mouth would stay closed." Dad replied.

"What if this backfires like last time?"

"Last time I left loose ends, that's what I get for trying to be nice."

"You threatened to burn his house down?"

"Exactly, I didn't." He said. "Wish I did now."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. "I didn't leave any loose ends this time."

I nodded. "Then let's finish up getting the boxes."