Chapter 2

I flicked through a magazine before closing it and putting it back on the shelf. "You know that you're supposed to buy them if you're going to read them, right?" A slightly familiar voice asked from behind me.

I turned to see Ross with a six pack of beer in his hands. "Thirsty, are you?"

"Depends who's asking." He winked.

"Is everything always so dirty with you?" I questioned, placing my hands on my hips.

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Actually, no I wouldn't." I replied.

"Then why are you asking?" He smirked.

I paused, for once my comeback was no so quick. "Just being polite."

"Now who's mind is in the gutter?" He asked with his signature smirk.

I rolled my eyes, turning back to the rack of magazines. I felt his eyes on my body, burning a hole in my behind so I quickly snatched up one of the magazines before strutting over to the counter and slamming it down on the desk.

"Eyes to yourself Hutcherson." I ordered, not needing to turn around to know he was watching me.

"How'd you know my last name?" He smirked, waltzing over to my side and placing his cans on the counter. "Asking about me, Kingsley?"

"I see you know mine." I retorted. "And I didn't ask about you, Lola found out from your father,  he overheard her ranting about you."

"Did you say ranting or swooning?"

"Ranting." I said bluntly.

"Look we may not of got off to the best start so I think it's best I buy you a drink later, even the scales."

"My mum owns the pub, I get free drinks." I said, tapping my finger on the bell for some service.

"Yeah I know all that already but it's the thought that counts."

"And the thought of me with you makes me want to puke." I stated as Jack came running out of the back.

"Sorry, Martha wouldn't eat her dinner." Jack  excused, talking about his six year old daughter.

"Then maybe you should get some help out here." I replied. "Lola is looking for a job."

"I might just take you up on that." He said. "If I can afford her..."

"See, I told Will she was a prozzy." Ross said.

"I'll look at the books." Jack said.

"Prozzy?" I questioned with a sigh.

"A prostitute." He said.

"Are you asking for another slap?" I questioned.

"I'll get this." Ross said, pushing his drinks and my magazine further over to Jack.

"Great, I'll take it as an apology." I said, picking up my magazine and walking out of the shop.

* * *

"Keep the change." A woman smiled before taking her white wine to the table her and her husband had been sat at for the last hour, drinking and laughing.

Will walked into the pub and stood before me, on the other side of the bar. "What can I get you?" I asked.

"Pint, please." He replied.

"That lovely brother of yours with you?" I asked.

"Unfortunately not." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Then yes, you may have a pint." I laughed, grabbing a glass and pouring it.

"So, what time do you get off?" He asked, leaning over the wooden bar.

I pulled my wrist closer to my face, checking my watch. "About ten minutes why?"

"Need someone with a good arm to walk me home, places get dangerous at night." Will said with a scoff, referring to earlier when I slapped Ross.

I chuckled.

"But seriously, I'd love to buy you a drink, even thought you probably get staff discount or something."

"Try a free family discount." I smirked.

"So is that a yes?" He asked.

I nodded. "Sure."

"You get off babe, I can handle this lot." My mum said.

I shrugged at Will, pouring myself a coke and walking around the bar. "So, babe? That an overly friendly boss or am I barking up the wrong tree?"

"Neither." I laughed. "That's my mum."

"Makes sense." He chuckled, swinging his beer.

"Surprised Ross didn't tell you, he seems to of done his research." I said.

"Well whilst he spent the day waltzing around the village, I managed to find a job." He said.

"Oh really, doing what?"

"Up at the farm on the outskirts of the village." He replied.

"Oh yeah, my cousin works up there."

"So you'll let him take you out for a drink but not me?" Ross scoffed. "Do your eyes work?"

"Yes as does my brain which is more than I can say for you." I replied.

"Ross." Will scolded. "Keep your voice down."

"Where's your slapper friend, turns out I will give her the time of day for one night?" He asked.

"You know what your problem is Ross?" I asked, getting up.

"Enlighten me."

"You're so hell bent on being miserable, you're dragging everyone else down with you." I snapped.

"Just go Ross." Will growled, stood beside me.

"Oi, are we going to have a problem here?" My mum spoke up, mainly glaring at Ross.

"Not from us." Will said.

"That's right Will, suck up to your new girlfriends mummy."

That feeling entered my stomach, for the second time today. I turned and ran into the toilets, dropping to my knees and throwing up again.

"Oi!" I heard my mum yell at Will as he attempted to go after me and into the ladies bathroom. "Don't even think about it, read the sign."