Chapter 19

I awoke to my phone ringing from beside my bed. "Hello?" I yawned.

"Maddy, finally, I've been texting you all night." My Dad said.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting up.

"Meet me in the cafe for breakfast as soon as you can." He said. "I'm in there now."

"Then I'm on my way." I replied, hanging up.

* * *

"Mads." Ross called as I speed walked past his drive way.

"I'm in a hurry." I stated, not stopping as I sped walked down the street.

"Then I'll be quick." He said, running up along side me. "How about, we pretend last night never happened?"

"Ross-"

"What's a secret between friends right?" He questioned. "I was drunk, I didn't know what I was saying."

"Ross if you feel something for me-"

"Don't flatter yourself, you're not all that hot."

"Then I'm glad that's cleared up." I snapped.

"But I do think I should take you to the hospital-"

"Nothing happened last night, remember? Therefore I have nothing to go to hospital for." I replied.

"But-"

"I'm fine Ross and even if I did need to g to the hospital it sure as hell wouldn't be you taking me."

"Maddy!" My Dad yelled from the cafe doors.

"It's forgotten about." I told Ross before hurrying down the street.

"An emergency allows a quick conversation with Ross?"

"It was important." I said, sitting down.

"I've solved all your problems." He smirked, sitting opposite me.

"Would you like to order?" Dean asked.

"No." I said. "What do you mean?"

"You can go now." My Dad dismissed him.

"Only, you need to order to eat something."

"And I had ordered, then I finished it and now I'm having a conversation." My Dad spat.

"I know but-"

"Dean!" He yelled, causing him to jump and scurry away.

"I must say, your people skills are... perfect."

"Well I seemed to speak Liam's language." Dad said.

"Let me guess, money?"

"No violence." He smirked.

"Dad, you said you weren't going to do this-"

"He's not going to be bothering you for a while." He said.

"Oh god, what did you do?"

"That doesn't matter, what matters is where that singular brain celled Ross got to, I got a car I need shifting fast. Do you know where he went?"

"Hopefully work." I said.

"Right." He said, getting up and rushing out.

* * *

Ross's POV:

"Spoke to Mads recently?" I asked Will.

"Considering shes my girlfriend, I'm going to say yes." He replied.

"Said anything, interesting lately?" I asked.

"Well she's a pretty interesting girl." Will replied. "In fact she asked me to go to a scan with her."

"Why's she going for a scan?" I questioned, worried.

"It's just a check up."

"So she's not been in any pain?" I asked.

"Not that I know of."

I know I'd already asked her but she was so stubborn she wouldn't tell me even if there was something wrong so I had to find out some way, even if it meant asking Will and listening to him drone on about her. It killed me earlier, dismissing her the way I did, I knew I'd hurt her but I just hope she bought it.

"And she hasn't said anything about me?"

"Why are you so interesting in MY girlfriend?" Will asked, squaring up slightly.

"She's also my friend Will." I said, patting his shoulder. "Stand down soldier."

"You don't do friends." He stated.

"Will, I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not exactly liked around here. She's the only person who tolerates me, therefore I hang out with her." I explained with a shrug.

"I see it in the way you look at her Ross."

"I'm late and you're insane." I told him. "I don't do all that love stuff, remember?"

"Look Ross, Maddy hates it when we fight so I won't, just as long as you know I'm the boyfriend and you're the friend and that's how it's going to stay."

"Like I said, I'm late for work." I said, walking into the garage.

Tom threw keys at my face and I caught them instantly. "Nice wheels who's are they?" I asked, examining the label on them.

"Who ever wants to buy them, I've got some contacts but see if yours will go higher." He ordered.

"Yes sir." I saluted. "And I'm guessing Mads doesn't know this goes on in this garage?"

"Nor does she need to, most of my money is going towards that kid anyway." Tom said.

"Her baby?"

"Yeah."

"I'll find someone to buy it but why don't you keep my half of the cash this time." I said.

"You serious?"

"Yeah, I've not even blown through the cash from the other one yet and you found this one on your own." I explained.

"You're a good kid Ross." Tom said. "But you ever overstep the line with Maddy and-"

"You'll kill me." I finished. "I got it."

"Good."

"Who's car was it anyway?" I questioned.

"That rich Liam punk."

That satisfied me for many reasons, I hated that guy. Maybe, just maybe if he and Maddy hasn't got together that night it could of been me and her instead of Will and her: she could of gone for me and danger rather than Will and safety.