Chapter 9

"Then how about I call my dad and tell him you're ditching work to pester me?" I questioned, holding my phone in the air with a smug smirk.

"Because," He said, snatching my phone from my hand. "I have your phone."

I scowled at him, he irritated me more than anyone I'd ever met. He got under my skin in all the wrong ways but also the right ways.

"I just can't Ross." I admitted.

"Why?"

"They'd kill me!" I exclaimed. "You don't know what it was like for me to grow up with them."

"Then tell me."

I looked down at my hands, examining my new acrylic nails. My foot tapping anxiously under me. I looked up again, I was so focused on looking focused I hadn't noticed him step closer to me. He placed a hand on my arm and looking down at me in a way I hadn't seen before, it was soft and gentle unlike his cocky and arrogant smirk he usually wore.

"Let me understand." He said.

"Stop trying to get to know me Ross." I snapped, pushing his hand off me. "I will never be with you so you can stop trying."

I stormed past him but he was quicker than I was, his hand latched around my arm, dragging me back to stand in front of him. "That's not why I'm here." He said.

"You're right, you're here to get the keys which you now have." I argued.

"What's going on here?" Will asked, stepping inside the door Ross had left open.

"Nothing." I replied. "Ross was just going."

"This isn't done with." Ross said in a low voice before passing his brother and slamming the door shut in protest behind him.

"Looks like a break in." Will scoffed. "Door open, broken glass."

"I just dropped something, that's all." I replied with a laugh.

"I was thinking I could take you out for some breakfast, you know, before you fess up to your family?"

"About that," I sighed, sitting on the arm of my couch. "I think I'm gonna wait a while. It's only been a few weeks, things could still go wrong-"

"Maddy, they deserve the truth." Will said.

I sighed, pulling my palms over my face. "I know."

Will sat opposite me, on a stool which was beside the kitchen counter. His soft hands ran up my arms and to my hands before pulling them straight down on to my legs. "You're the strongest person I know Maddy, you can do this." He said.

I smiled, looking at him. He had kind eyes, unlike his brothers which were dark and mischievous. I nodded, standing up and hugging him.

* * *

"Doesn't it bother you, that I'm... you know?" I asked, taking a bite of my toast from the cafe and readjusting myself in the seat.

"Pregnant?" Will questioned.

"That." I laughed, pointing at him.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I guess kind of but, well, everyone makes mistakes and I was sort of already heads over heels for you before I found out and I figured it was easier to get involved than to try and get over you."

"We had like one drink." I chucked.

"And it was the best one of my life." He smiled, the edges of his mouth almost meeting his eyes it was so cheesy. He squeezed my hand in a comforting way as we both laughed quietly in the corner of the cafe.

Ross waltzed in, instantly we caught his attention. "Oi, chuckle brothers," He called.

"Can I help you?" Will asked.

"Either of you two seen 'er Dad." He said, pointing to me.

"Did you check the pub?" I asked.

"It's eleven am." Ross stated.

"You think Tom Kingsley cares?" I scoffed.

"Good point."

"Why do you need him?" I asked just before he turned away.

"Some stupid car thing, you wouldn't get it."

"You forget I partially own the place?" I questioned, standing up.

"Right, I think girl and instantly shopping comes to mind, well that and boobs but defiantly not cars- I forget you're not exactly, the lady of the village."

"Good explanation." I said sarcastically before turning to Will. "I'll see you later?"

"Hopefully." He smiled, standing up.

I kissed his cheek before walking out of the cafe with Ross.

"Which car?" I asked, looking around.

"Didn't I mention? It's on the side of the road, they broke down."

"Then why do you need me?" I asked.

"It was a woman who sounded all confused." He shrugged. "Unless I'm trying to get her into bed, I don't speak that language."

"You sicken me." I told him before climbing into his car which he stood proudly by.