Chapter 18

A sharp gasp escaped my lips as my body collided with the thinly carpeted floor.

Again his eyes softened, for good this time. His drunken state was shaken off and only worry and sadness sat in his eyes.

Ross stepped towards me and I shuffled back on the carpet against the wall. "Don't hurt me." I ordered quickly. Honestly, I wouldn't normally care, I could handle myself but with a baby inside of me the smallest thing could change everything.

"Maddy." Ross apologetically sighed, reaching for me again.

"Don't Touch me!" I yelled, pushing myself up so I was fully stood.

"Please I am so so sorry, I didnt mean to." He said, standing a meter away from me. "I would never hurt you."

Liam's POV:

I walked up to my house to see all the lights downstairs were on. The door shut but unlocked. I pushed it open, stepping into the middle of the hall. "Mum, dad, you home early?" I called.

The door shut behind me. "Different dad." Tom said in a sinister voice, leaning against the wooden front door.

Fear, anxiety, terror and pride ran through my blood. "What are you doing here Tom?" I asked, presenting false confidence to him.

"Well I'm here to see you, actually." He smirked, pulling out a hammer from behind his back and holding it by his side.

"What are you doing with that?" I asked, my confidence had some how melted away and my legs quivered beneath me.

With one swift movement he slammed it though the table by the door, splintering it. "Only that if you cooperate." He replied.

"What do you want?" I asked. "I'm growing tired of your games Tom." My confidence was back, brighter than ever and it shone through my words which seemed to anger him.

A sudden fist crossed my face before slamming into my gut. Tom threw me to the ground and thrashed a foot into my stomach three times over until I was wheezing.

"My daughter stays put!" I spat. "You try to take her away again and you'll be the one that gets taken away."

"She's carrying my baby." I spat.

He grabbed the blazer I was wearing and pulled my face up, throwing a punch at it which dropped me to the ground again. "And she is my baby!" I argued. "You'll send her a check once a month with more than enough money to keep her going, you'll drop by to take the baby for days out but you leave her be."

"Okay, okay." I caved.

"Keys." He demanded.

"What?"

Tom pulled a lighter from his coat pocket. "You smell that?"

"Yeah."

"I poured gas all over this room before you got home, I drop this lighter and your house goes up in flames and I assure you won't be going anywhere so hand me your car keys."

Dragging my arm into my pocket, I gripped my keys to my Mercedes and held it out to him. "Tell anyone and I'll be back before the police get their hands on me, I've escaped them many times before for worse things than this." Tom said, snatching them from me and storming out, slamming the door behind him.

Maddy's POV:

"Are you okay?" Ross asked.

"I'm fine." I replied, digging through the freezer.

"What are you doing?" He asked, grabbing my wrist.

"I said don't touch me!" I yelled, my palm coming into sudden contact with his face and jumping back.

I took a hold of the frozen peas I had finally found and wrapped them in a towel before handing them to him. "But that on your hand then your face." I said, shutting the door.

"I wouldn't need to put it on my face if you didn't smack me." He said.

"I wouldn't of smacked you if you didn't manhandle me!" I argued.

"I'm sorry Maddy, I don't know what else to say."

"Why didn't you tell me you felt like that before it got to this?" I asked.

"You mean tell my brothers girl that I've liked her since the day I lay eyes on her?" He questioned.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Anything would be better than this."

"This is why! I thought if you didn't know I could keep it under control." He said.

"You shouldn't of kept it from me." I said.

"I was trying to protect you." Ross stated. "I just want to look after you, keep you safe from myself."

"That's not your decision to make." I said. "I'm a big girl, I can handle myself."

"I want you more than I've ever wanted anything in my whole life." He said. "But you're going out with Will and he's good for you, I'd only mess you up."

"Ross." I sighed.

"Forget it." He said, placing the peas down on the side and rushing out of the house.

"Ross!" I called after him but he kept walking.