Chapter 17: Scream

Start from the beginning

"I know," Singto affirmed.

"I'm telling the truth," Max included.

"I believe you."

"Why would you believe me?" Max threw him a questioning look.

"Because it's all true," Singto stated.

"True?" Max gulped.

"You're not going to scream again, are you?" Singto asked.

"I don't know," Max replied honestly. "I might."

"Please don't. My ears hurt."

"Ears hurt?" Krist gasped and examined Singto's ears. "Did Sing's ears get bitten?"

"I'm fine, Krist. My ears hurt from his screaming; not his biting." Singto smiled at Krist to assure that he was okay.

"W-What...are they?" Max inquired.

"I'm a fairy in charge of all the bunnies," Bas intervened. "It's nice to see that you're awake. If you faint again, I'm going to make your nose disappear."

"B-But...P'Tul likes my nose," Max sputtered in horror. "Don't make it disappear."

"Then, don't faint," Bas countered.

"I can't control that," Max voiced.

"Try!"

Max held his eyelids open in attempts to stop himself from passing out.

"You look so funny like that," Bas said.

"P'Max, don't listen to him," Godt enlightened. "Nong Bas is only teasing you. He won't make your nose disappear, as long as you don't let him transport you. Right?"

"Okay." Bas laughed.

"Ow! Why are you laughing?" Godt complained.

"He's still holding his eyelids. The expression on his face is hilarious."

"P'Max, it's safe to let go of your eyelids now."

"Are you sure?" Max muttered.

"Yes," Godt confirmed. "Let go before your face stays like that."

Max slowly released his eyelids and continued to gawk at Bas with fearful eyes.

"You humans get scared so easily," Bas claimed. "I don't understand why anyone would be afraid of me. I'm so pretty."

"He reminds me of Nong Godt." Max pointed out.

"Right?" Singto concurred. "They are so perfect together."

"P'Singto, leave me out of your conversation," Godt growled. "I don't..." He glanced over at Bas and decided not to finish his statement. "Never mind."

"You don't what?" Singto pushed with a smirk.

"Whatever." Godt grabbed a napkin and went to wrap Singto's hand with it. "We should clean your wound and bandage it up."

"Alright." Singto was about to get up when he saw Tul open his eyes. "P'Tul?"

Noticing that his owner was finally conscious, Krist leaned over and hugged him.

"That's probably not a good idea, Krist," Singto warned.

Indeed, it wasn't. Tul opened his mouth, threw back his head and screamed at the top of his lungs. His sudden outburst caused Krist to jolt and let go of him. Jumping back, Krist bumped into Godt who happened to be right behind him. This resulted in a domino effect and Godt stumbled backward in a fight to balance himself. Bas flashed over and successfully caught a hold of Godt only to slip on the Popsicle that Krist had dropped earlier. Krist had forgotten all about it, when he rushed over to check on Singto's injured hand.

"Ah~" Bas flailed his arms helplessly, so Godt reached out to grab a hold of the fairy.

The two spin around like they were dancing, bounced off the couch, landed on the floor, and rolled over to the coffee table. Crashing into the leg of said furniture, Godt's back was on the floor while Bas ended up on top of him. Their lips made contact and everything froze.

"I can't believe that just happened," Tul supplied. "How is all that pin-balling even possible?"

"Well, he is a fairy after all." Max remembered. "Wait. If he's a fairy, why didn't he use his powers to stop it all?"

"Maybe he wanted this outcome," Tul derived. "Despite his narcissism, I have to admit that Nong Godt is in fact very good-looking. The fairy probably likes him."

"It seems so." Max nodded.

"Baby, why are you pinching my cheeks?" Tul wanted to know. "It hurts."

"I don't want you to faint," Max notified.

"Why?"

"The fairy might make your nose disappear or transport you, whatever that means."

"Let go. I promise not to faint." Tul gave his word.

"Are you sure?"

"If you don't let go, I'm really going to faint from the pain," Tul announced. "You know how strong you are."

"You're right." Max beamed. "We're both very strong."

"I'm glad you two know that," Singto murmured. "You need to avoid hugging others in order to prevent bone fractures."

"You're over exaggerating," Tul denied.

"You know that I'm not," Singto retorted.

"Why aren't they moving?" Max put their quarreling to a halt and averted their attention to the pair of narcissists. "Their lips are still attached."

"They're just making out." Tul chortled.

"Yeah, that could be it. Aren't they dating?" Max wondered.

"They're still in a stage of denial," Singto clarified.

"Like Sing!" Krist blurted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, my.  This took forever to write.  XD  Okay, I'm off to bed.  Good night.