Chapter Fourteen

*Niall'sPOV*

It was him. I thought I would never see him again,but there he was:Darren at my mum's house. In fact, I was still somehow attracted to him,but when he left ,I lost the love I had for him. We first met two years ago when Drew was one and a half year old. Darren was twenty-two at that time which meant that he was now twenty-four. The perfect black hair,blue eyes,tall and toned body that he still had though made him look like he was twenty. Liam was with him in university and he insisted on trying things with Darren,so I gave in. We started going out as friends and after a month he kissed me,he asked me to be his boyfriend and I accepted. He loved Drew ,but Drew wouldn't want him at all. One day,after three months of dating,I got pregnant.Darren made me get an abortion and I did. I was scared that he would leave me like Justin did,so I killed the baby.A month after that I was so distant with him because he made me feel guilty.The last time I made a conversation with him was when I had my final exam. My parents,Pattie and the boys couldn't babysit Drew,so Darren was my only choice.He stayed alone for the first time with Drew and let's just say that It wasn't that easy for him. So,when I got back home ,Drew was with my mum and Darren had left. The only thing I had left from him was a small note that was saying he was leaving because he couldn't handle a baby and he found someone else,that I was only seventeen and Drew would be only his responsibility if he stayed.

After a few minutes of just staring at him from inside the car, Justin snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Who is he Niall?" He said angrily.

"He is...an old friend." I sobbed. The freaking hormones were kicking in.

"Why are you crying then?"

"I don't know..." I laughed sadly.

"Let's get out. The boys are already inside." He whispered and kissed my tear stained cheeks. We got out and Justin got Drew out of his car seat.

"Hey mum!" I smiled and she hugged me tightly.

"How is my baby?" She asked.

"Hormonal and very much pregnant" I said simply and she looked at me with wide eyes and her mouth hitting the floor.

"How?"

"Do you want me to tell you what happened two weeks ago, Maura?" Justin teased and bounced Drew on his hip making him giggle.

"Gosh, I'm so happy right now. Love you guys!"She wrapped her arms as good as she could around the three of us and a few happy tears made their way down our faces.

"So, that means that you accepted Justin's proposal?" She winked at me.

"How did you know?"

"He told me...now come on,I think you saw Darren,so go greet him."I took a huge breath and Justin guided me into the living room with his left hand on my lower waist.

"Niall!"Darren quickly got up from the couch as soon as he saw me.

"Hey Darren..."I mumbled through my teeth and he hugged me.I felt Justin tense beside me and reached with my hand to give his a reassuring squeeze as with my left hand I hugged Darren.

Can we go out to talk for a bit?I have some explaining to do and I won't be long." Darren promised once we pulled away.I slowly nodded my head and took Drew from Justin. I wanted someone to comfort me and my baby was my first choice.We walked to the park to have more privacy and we sat down on a bench,Drew on my lap playing with the zipper of his jeans and Darren a few inches beside me.

"First of all I'm sorry..." He started.

"I have heard it too many times, so let's get this over with because I have a fiance waiting for me back at my mum's place." I said coldy.

"Okay,okay. I left because as I explained in the note , we were young. You were still in school while Drew was always with your mum and the day you left me alone with Drew,I literally freaked out. He was a huge responsibility that I couldn't take care of.I know I left you and I am a bastard,but I was in university and I wanted to be a doctor. How could I do both being a father and studying to be a doctor? That's why I made you get an abortion"

"You only stayed with him for three hours,Darren. I didn't ask you to be a father. God, I knew you didn't want Drew at all, but why did you act like you wanted him?And the abortion thing wasn't your entire fault. I agreed on it."

"I really liked him Niall,but I was not ready.You agreed because you were young and scared ,so it is my fault. I loved you and I did try to be calm for you,but in the end I messed up"

"Badly." I added for him and he nodded sadly.

"I know.Can I hug Drew,now?As much as I was scared of him then, I missed him so much.You even more." I tried to pick Drew up but he whimpered and hid his head in my chest.

"Come on baby,It's Darren.You remember Darren?" I asked. Of course he wouldn't remember him,but a try never killed anyone.

"I not 'member him. I want Daddy." He cried and I sighed.

"Daddy is your fiance?He never called me 'daddy'." Darren asked.

"He is my fiance and Drew's biological father.He never called you 'daddy' beause he didn't like you. At least the feeling was mutual." I said bitterly.

"Oh.."

"Yes,'oh'."I mocked.

"I'm so-"

"I'm leaving" I huffed and got up. Drew pinched my right cheek and kissed it (more like placed his lips and left his saliva on it).

"Please, Niall." I only shook my head and left to go to my mother's.

..

"Everything okay?" Justin asked me and pulled me onto his lap. We were all sitting in the living room while Harry and my mum were in the kitchen making food. Louis was sat on Liam's lap,both on the floor playing with Drew and Zayn was teasing Harry for wearing my mum's pink apron.

"Why everybody left me and then came back to change my life?" I whispered and rested my head on Justin's shoulder.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"Darren was my ex. He left me when he stayed with Drew for three hours alone."

"What?" He whispered yell ,careful not let the others hear.

"He said he wasn't ready, he was at university and because I was only seventeen he said I would left Drew with him..." I mumbled,getting emotional.

"Oh my...I'm so sorry baby..." He kissed my head and rubbed softly my stomach.

"I'm okay, it's just that my past is always coming back and I don't want it to."

"Do you mean me as well?" He asked hurt.

"No...everything except for you."

"I hope so. Calm down Ni. Everything is okay."

Everything would be indeed okay if the wrong things of the past wouldn't interfere in the present and near future...

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

❤Chapter 13:D

What do you think Niall meant with the last sentence and what do you think of this chap in general??

Please COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT &VOTE:D

Goal: 7 comments/votes. If not it's okay;)

Love you all