Chapter 13

Rae

We walk out to the car and Demi opens the door for me as I get in. She goes to the back seat putting her stuff and my bag in the back seat. When she gets into the car on the driver side she starts the car and takes a deep breath and I sigh knowing I caused this.

I put my seat belt on and the curl my body up in the seat laying my head on the window looking out. I feel my eyes getting heavy but then Demi speaks. "I know I said we would talk about this at the apartment but, why don't your friends know about your parents." She asks glancing at me as she drives.

"I just never told them. I don't like talking about it, also I don't want them to leave again." I say quietly. "I don't want people to think I am a freak." I add and look out the window again.

Then suddenly I realize I don't recognize where I am at. "Where are we going?" I ask curiously, not worried because I am with Demi and she would never hurt me.

"Well, I need to go to my apartment and get somethings and since your brother doesn't work tonight, I figured he would need a night to himself so I deiced we are spending the night at my apartment." She says like its no big deal.

"But I have plans with Daphne she was supposed to come over and play video games." I say a little worried.

"Your brother thought it was best that we wait until tomorrow. Since it is a Saturday and you had a moment last night we wanna give you a few days of rest. Plus," She starts as she parks the car. "I need a little bit of alone time to talk to you about a few things, especially after today, and I just need you alone for a little while." She finishes looking at me. "Now let's go in." She says get out and grabbing her and my bag then opening the door for me.

She leads me to the door of her apartment. I take off my shoes at the door and so does she. I am led to the couch and told to wait there so I do as I am told.

As I sit there I feel fabric hit the back of my head and I look in the direction it came from but she isn't there. I look at the clothing that was thrown at me and see it is a hoodie, and it smells just like Demi. I lean back on the couch just holding it.

My eyes start to feel heavy again and as they are about to close Demi plops down on the couch next to me. "Baby, sit up." She says nicely but also sternly. So I do rubbing my eyes yawning.

"Yes, ma'am?" I question absentmindedly forgetting that she likes that.

"Baby girl, what happened today, and I want the truth and nothing but the truth." She says sternly.

I sigh looking at her. "They just kept on making comments about how you bring me to school, how there must be something going on, and how you give me special treatment. I wanted to prove them wrong. I just wanted them to shut up. Ever since I met you and especially that day in when I got hurt, I haven't wanted to cause trouble 'cause I don't wanna upset you but I couldn't take it anymore." I look at down my hands that were holding the hoodie that she had thrown at me.

She reaches over and grabs my face making me look at her. "Next time anything like that happens again..." She says pushing my back slowly holding my face still and crawling over me. "You tell me and I will deal with it. You don't do anything you tell me. If they can't except you for you, then they don't deserve you." She kisses me and I kiss back.

As we continue to kiss I run my hands up her back and she pulls away slowly as she is biting my lip. I lightly moan and slowly move my hand to the hem of her shirt as she does the same to me. I slowly run my hand under her shirt to her breast that I now realize weren't covered by a bra. 'She must have taken it off when we got home.' I think to myself. I massage her breast making her moan and she pushed her hand under my sports bra that I wore today making me moan.

Then suddenly the door bell rings and we both ignore it going back to kissing. After a couple minutes, it rings again but this time is held down so we can't ignore it. She groans rolling of me and walking over to the door.

Swinging it open saying pissed. "I hope whatever you want better be fucking good."

"Is that a way to talk to your sister and mother Demi?" I hear a motherly voice and her sigh. I quickly jump up running down the hall only to hit the coffee table on the way. "What was that?" I hear that same voice ask as I do. Then I run to the first door I find and it is an empty room with a king bed in the middle and another nice furniture. Must be a guest room, I quickly make my way into the closet hugging the hoodie closer, that I pick up as I ran, as I slide down the wall to the floor or the closet.

"That's just Rae. The girl I told y'all about at dinner the other night." I hear Demi say and I hear her sister I assume squeal.

"Where is she I have to meet her?" I hear Demi shut the front door as they all walk into the living room.

"She was just here on the couch," Demi says almost confused. "let me go find her." She says and I hear her footsteps come closer to the room.

"Damn it!" I whisper-yell to myself when she walks into the room and I hope she doesn't look in the closet.

I see a shadow at the door and then the door rattle only to open and reveal Demi.

"Hi," I whisper smiling innocently.

"What are you doing, baby?" She asks kneeling in front of me.

"Your family is here what if they find out I am your student and we are together? What if they aren't okay with it? What if they hate me?"

"Well, they know you are my student and they know we are together because they asked why I was never home anymore at dinner the other day. I couldn't lie to them so I had to tell them about you and your brother and they figured out that we were together because of the look in my eye when I talked about you." She explains "Now let's go introduce you, they will love you." I put her hand out as she stands.

I take her hand and stand up with her help. Demi pulls me into a hug and a quick kiss. She then leads me back to the living room where a very pretty woman and a young girl not much younger than my sit watching the T.V. from the couch.

Demi clear her throat and they both look over smiling at me.

"Hi." I whisper nervously.