Fast Paced

EDWARD 

We took the next train to Rush Valley, parting ways almost immediately after. "I'm going to buy extra parts," Naomi said, "I'll meet you at Garfiel's alright?" I nodded in agreement, waving good bye. 

"Brother," Al hummed, catching my attention. "Hm?" Al's armor clanked as we walked. "You seemed very angry about us getting kidnapped--" "Of course I was! You both are family!" "-- especially, Naomi." I staggered. "...she's strong," I said finally. "she can take care of herself, and in situations where she can't you know it's bad news." Al hummed, seemingly letting it go. 

xxx

After we arrived at Garfiel's, and showed Winry my automail she hit me with a wrench (as usual.). "Oh," She said, "Where's Naomi?" Al perked up. "Oh. She's out getting extra parts." Winry hummed. Paninya cackled. "Let's home she doesn't immobilize any mechanics on her way back." I tilted my head. "Did she do that?" Paninya nodded solemnly. "More often than not, to be fair. She may be kind but she's fierce too, and she hates Automail Mechanics telling her what to improve."  I hummed, scratching the back of my neck. "Mechanics are so annoying..." "Hey," Winry warned, "I still have your repairs to do so don't piss me off." 

Just then, Garfiel strolled in, followed by a politely smiling Naomi. "Here they are, it's a treat to have you back m' dear." He said. Naomi nodded stiffly. "Yep. Good to be back. Thank you!" She sat down at Winry's desk and got to work. 

"Nao, if you want I can do the repairs. Then you can show Ed and Al around town while I do the repairs." Naomi glanced at Winry, brows arched to her hairline. She glanced at the table, then sighed in resignition. "Somehow I doubt this is a choice," She sighed, slipping off the stool. Winry grinned. "Alright. Time to explore Rush Valley, boys." She said, pulling us along. 

xxx

As we walked down mainstreet her brows were furrowed as she scanned the streets. "No one recognizes me..." She murmured. I scoffed. "Unlikely," I hummed, thrumming my flesh fingers against her metal ones. "You're pretty hard to forget, drama queen." She hummed, her automail buzzing in response. "Drama Queen?" I let out an airy laugh. "You prefer cry baby?" She chuckled too, and lifted her head high. "Nah, I'm good with Drama Queen." 

At one point, mechanics began asking if we wanted repairs from them, not relenting until we smacked them silly. "Ugh," I groaned, "This city is boring. Just automail shops for miles." Naomi hummed. "You're right about that, it's a terrible place to grow up in. Especially, with automail." I hummed. "I bet Winry thinks this is heaven." She hummed at my comment. 

Then my eyes wheeled to the side of the street, where Al was crouching over something. "Al?" I asked. "What are you doing?" Al's armor clanked as he turned his head to me. "Brother..." "What is it? You find another cat or something?" I asked. Al shuffled, then held up something. "Yep." I spat out my drink as I saw the person danging from Al's grasp. Naomi leaned in, inspecting him. Somehow that sent a jolt up my stomach. "A wanderer?" She pondered. Al shrugged. "Guess so." "Put him back to where he came from." I snarled. Al and Nao turned to me, and in unsion gaped: "That's inhuman!" (Ed, and Brother, respectively.) 

One thing led to the other, and we soon found ourselves talking about Alchemy as he ate his meal. "Can you teach us alkahestry?" Naomi asked, kindness dripping from her every pore. "Oh," He said leisurely, "I don't practice it."