Chapter Eight: Slumber Party

TATUM

"Let me lay down the rules." Grayson looked pointedly at Arsen. "No touching Tatum. No flirting with Tatum. No looking at Tatum. Hell, don't even think about Tatum."

Arsen leaned his head back and laughed. "Dang, Grayson! What can I do?"

He pretended to think for a moment. "You can breathe."

"Thank god. I--"

"As long as it's away from Tatum. I don't need you seducing her by your breathing. I have enough of a hard time keeping her out trouble as it is."

Just as Arsen was about to protest as I poked my head from around the corner.

"Okay, I've got three pillows, but only two blankets so..." I trailed off holding a dinosaur printed blanket up.

Arsen wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me until Grayson shot him a look.

"Arsen and I will share." Grayson shrugged like it was no big deal.

"But dude--" Grayson shot him a look. "Never mind. Always ruining the fun." he grumbled under his breath.

"Well...I guess I'll just go get the snacks then." I disappeared into the kitchen and quickly pressed my ear to the door.

"What did I tell you about interacting with Tatum?!" Grayson barked.

Arsen scoffed. "I'd hardly call it "interacting". I'm not even allowed to breathe around her!"

"Whatever." he mumbled after, no doubt, flipping him off.

Footsteps started to get closer to the kitchen, so I quickly took that as my cue to pretend like I wasn't listening in to their conversation.

GRAYSON

Tatum was in the kitchen looking through the cabinets. Every once in a while she'd pull out a bag of chips then mumble something along the lines of "what do people eat at slumber parties", then put the bag back in and continue looking.

She finally gave up and pulled out a box of Poptarts. She turned around and her eyes widened when she realized I'd been standing there all along hearing her rant.

"I'm guessing you've never been to a slumber party." I smirked and sat down at the table.

Her lips tightened into a straight line.

"Let me tell you how to have a successful slumber party, young Jedi."

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this for Arsen." She rolled her eyes but complied.

I stopped her. "Uh, uh, uh." I shook my head. "It's going to cost you." I said eying the Poptart box.

She nodded and reluctantly handed over the box. "Tell me." She demanded.

I leaned back and yawned. "It'll cost you a glass of milk too."

She huffed and slammed a glass of milk down in front of me.

"Better." I smiled and then my face turned serious. "So you want to know the secret to having a successful slumber party?"

She leaned in a nodded eagerly. "Yes."

"Are you ready?"

"Yes, Grayson! Hurry!" she was almost bouncing in her seat.

"Get naked."

Her face went slack and all bouncing ceased. "What?!"

I bit off the corner of the Poptart. "You heard me. Get. Na-ked. You know. No clothes. Naked. Nude. Bare. In the buff."

Her cheeks reddened. "Are you kidding me?! What kind of fudge are you trying to feed me?!" she shouted.

I started to unwrap my second Poptart. "I mean I am a red-blooded male an so is Arsen. I'm just trying to tell you how to have a successful slumber party when your guests are males and-"

All of the sudden milk spilled down my face and onto my shoulders.

Tatum stood there clutching an empty glass that sat right in front of me seconds ago.

"You understand this Grayson." She smiled. "You can go fudge yourself."

I growled and pushed my chair across the floor. She stood in the same spot, her expression only faltering slightly.

I leaned down so we were eye level. "Would you like to repeat that?"

She leaned in so close I could see the flecks of green swirling in her eyes. "You. Can. Go. Fudge. Yourself." Her voice shook slightly and she didn't look so sure anymore.

I probably would of laughed right in her face if it wasn't for Arsen. Who the hell says 'fudge' instead of 'fuck'?

Arsen came running in. "Grayson where's the fucking snacks? I thought you said there would be Doritos and Poptarts and..." he frowned upon seeing the position Tatum and I were in.

"So you can have her and I can't. Dude, that's so not fair!" He whined. "Not fair at all. You didn't even call dibs!" he stomped his foot.

"This is not an episode Girl Code, Arsen. Do I look like I give two shits?"

Arsen gave me a blank look. "This is not the time to fuck around, Grayson. I don't give a shit about you and your two shits."

"What the fuck are you talking about? Are you on some shit?" I looked at his eyes. They didn't look suspicious, but you never know.

Tatum piped up. "Stop saying that word!"

Arsen turned to her tilting his head. "What? Shit?"

"Yes!" she hissed.

Arsen grinned and started dancing around the kitchen. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," he sang. " Shit!" he bumped his knee on the chair that I threw across the kitchen. He bent over and held on for dear life.

I held my stomach laughing. "That's what you get."

"This is all your fault!" he pointed an accusing finger my way. "If you had just grew some balls and came to the fight this would have never happened!"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "You and I both know that's not true." I lied straight through my teeth.

He glared. "Is it, though?" He pointed at Tatum who stood awkwardly in the corner. "And bringing innocent people into this? Especially a teenage girl?!" He spat.

"I never asked you to come along. I already have to protect one kid I don't need to protect another." My voice was icy and distant.

"Hey!" Tatum shouted. "I am not a kid!"

Yeah, says the stuffed Dino you're clutching in your arms.

His face fell from hurt, and I momentarily felt sorry.

"You son of a bitch!" he lunged on top me throwing punch after punch. "Let's see how well you can really fight!" he grounded out. "Maybe you'll grow some balls this time around."

His punch landed on my nose and I cursed before flipping us over and jabbing him in the ribs.

I barely see Tatum glancing at her cell phone and shouting "Guys, stop! We need to hurry and leave-"

Keys jingle before the front door slams open.

"What the fuck is going on in here!"

"before Travis gets here." Tatum finishes weakly.

And that's a wrap! How was it? I don't know you tell me. COMMENT and VOTE. I love you all and thank you for sticking around!