Grayson and the Girl

Chapter Thirteen: Grayson and the Girl

Grayson never came back.

Well not really.

But that's what it felt like.

Three months passed before I saw his face again.

And get this: He was with a girl.

.....

"Tatum, I can't believe you ran him off!" Travis groaned for the hundred-thousandth time since Grayson took up and left. "You always have to ruin everything." He muttered.

"I was just trying to help!" I threw my hands into the air. "Plus, you didn't even like him!"

"Whatever." Travis rolled his eyes, shoved the grocery list into my hands and left me standing in the produce section.

"Try doing something productive for once in your pathetic life!" He yelled behind his back.

I scanned the grocery list and started to the dairy section for the first item, but somewhere along the way, the snack aisle called my name.

I stood in front of a magnificent sight: The Poptart Row.

Several Poptart flavors, ranging from strawberry to birthday cake, covered shelves. How would I choose? Most importantly, How would I pay for all of them? If only Mr. Dino were here to help me with my dilemma.

In the middle of my contemplating thoughts, someone interrupted.

"Just get the strawberry. You always get the strawberry."

I whipped my head around and came face to face with Arsen.

"It's you!" I squealed and threw my arms around his neck. "Like really you! You're not a hologram are you?" I poked his face.

"No, Tatum." He laughed, trying to pry me off.

Wait, if he's here then that must mean "Grayson's here?" I tried looking over his tall frame.

"T-T-Tatum, here's the thing." He stuttered. "After you...um...kissed...um you know...it kind of fu—messed— with Grayson's mind and—" Arsen's eyes widened at something behind me and abruptly stopped. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Scrunching my eyebrows in confusion, I turned around and there he was.

Grayson.

"Hey dude, you won't believe who I just saw!" Grayson's velvet laugh rang in my ears. "Travis just showed—" his dimpled-smile immediately vanished when his eyes landed on me.

"Hey." I lifted my hand and dropped it as soon as I realized I wasn't going to get a response. "Look I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for whatever I did."

A pretty girl with long red wavy hair rounded the corner, stealing the attention of Grayson. She stopped in her tracks and tilted her head and turned towards Arsen. "Is that the girl that broke Grayson?"

No one said anything.

"I'm going to take that as a 'yes' then." She strolled up into my personal space and began talking. "You look like a nice girl, but you don't get to waltz back into Grayson's life, now that he's all put back together, and break him again." She softens her tone. "He cares. A lot. But I care too. Maybe too much, and I'm not letting go back to place he was stuck in before." She finishes and tucks herself under Grayson's arm.

I look at Arsen. "Girlfriend?"

He gives me an apologetic look.

I honestly don't have a clue what to do or say next in a situation like this. So instead of standing awkwardly, I do the next best thing: invite them to dinner.

And as we all know, if there's a way to get Grayson to pour his freaking heart out, it's at dinner.

.....

I meet Travis at the checkout line.

"Where's the stuff on the list that I gave you?"

"I saw Grayson and Arsen today." I ignored Travis.

"Are you kidding me, Tatum! You had one job!" My twin shouted, causing several heads to turn.

"He was with a girl." I looked at my hands.

Travis stopped shouting. "A girl? Grayson with a girl?"

"A nice girl." I sighed. "A genuinely nice and pretty girl." I gave Travis a serious look. "Is it wrong to feel jealous."

He pulled me into a hug. "You know what they say: Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

I gave him a weird look. "I don't like Grayson like that."

Travis smirked. "Sure you don't, but that's okay. You'll win him back!" He pat me on the head and continued to put groceries on the conveyer belt.

"Great, because I invited them all to dinner!" I chuckled nervously.

Travis paused, his hand tightened and the orange juice carton in his hand started to leak.

At least it wasn't a Poptart box.

..........

Dang, @summer_night! Back at it again with the uploads now that schools out!

VOTE and COMMENT what you think will happen next and what day you get out of school!