Chapter Five: The (almost) Talk

Chapter Five: The (almost) talk

"I want the Poptarts." Grayson demanded.

I clutched the pastry box close to my chest. "Well I never wanted to meet you, but I guess we don't get all the things we want in life, do we?"

Grayson stalked around the counter trying to reach for the box. "Matum, give me the damn box!"

"Never!" I screamed.

I was half way out the kitchen window, when Grayson cleared his throat. I turned my head and was horrified at the scene in front of me.

He held Mr. Dino in his left hand and a butterknife in his right. "You have five seconds to get your ass back in here and give me the Poptarts or Mr. Dino is dead."

I held my hands up in surrender. "You don't have to bring Mr. Dino into this, Grayson. We're all friends here, right?" I laughed nervously as the knife got closer to Mr. Dino's neck.

He leaned casually against the cabinets."Like I said, you have five seconds and then Mr. Dino is fluff. One..."

Before he even reached two, I was back inside. I stubbed my toe on the edge of the counter and pointed a finger towards him. "You fudging bastard!" I hissed. "Threatening Mr. Dino like that."

"Well you should have just gave me the Poptarts when I asked for them and then we wouldn't--"

"I don't give a flipping fudging--"

We both stopped arguing when we heard footsteps bounding down the stairs. I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion. Mom left for work hours ago. Dad's not coming home from his business trip until Thursday, so that leaves...

"Travis!" We breathed out at the same time.

I made a beeline for the pantry and ushered Grayson into it. Right as the pantry closed, Travis walked in oblivious to what just happened.

Travis  spoke as he rumaged throught the cabinets looking for a bowl. "Tatum, did you get my cereal last weekend?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah."

He looked up and his eyes widened in glee. "The one with the mini action figure, right?"

I rolled my eyes again at his childish ways. "Yeah, Travis."

He fist pumped the air and made his way to the pantry. I slipped in between him and the door at the last second before his hand reached the door knob.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I'm getting my cereal, Tatum. Now move out the way."

I stayed where I was. "But um.. I um... wanted to um...talk about how I have a um...an interest in someone?" I thought over what I just said. Satisfied,  I nodded. "Yeah."

"What?! Who?! I'm going to kill the little fucker!"

"Uh Mr. Dino?"

Travis sighed in relief and scooted back and gestured for me to take a seat at the kitchen table. I complied.

"Tatum, there's something that you should know about the male species: they're all fat pig bastards who just want one thing. Do you know what that one thing is Tatum?"

I wrinkled my nose. "Uh...Poptarts?"

Travis smacked his head and mumbled. "I cannot believe I'm about to give my little sister the talk. What has this world come to?"

I interupted. "You're only older by five seconds,  Travis!"

"It still counts!" He snapped. "I'm older therfore I'm supposed to tell you about these things and protect you and--"

A rosy flush covered my cheeks. "Travis it's fine. Just uh forget we ever had this conversation and uh...take these Poptarts."

He whipped his head around. "You never let anyone eat your Poptarts." His eyes widened and then narrowed suspiciously. "Anyone."

"Well I just heard that sharing your...uh...favorite things make your bond with your twin stronger and lets you be able to um...mindlink?"

Travis stayed quiet for awhile and then scratched his blonde hair. "You know what? I think you're right." He got up and walked out of the kitchen in a daze. "What has this damn world come to?" He mumbled lowly.

I let out a deep breath and walked to the pantry.

Travis' s head popped around the corner."Is it just me or does it smell like" he sniffed the air. "Marcs?" He spat out Grayson's last name like it was poison.

I gulped and casually, actually awkwardly, leaned against the pantry door. "I think its just you because I don't smell anything. Nope, nothing at all. I don't smell any masculine woodsy good smelling stuff, nope!" My voice was high and I laughed nervously at the end.

Travis shrugged and left for good this time. "What the hell is everyone around here smoking?!"

I sighed from relief and swung open the door. Grayson sat on the floor with empty Poptart wrappers around him and crumbs around his mouth. He smiled sheepishly and held out a small miniscule of pastry. "I was hungry."

What. The. Fudge! I wanted to yell and strangle him to death, but instead smacked his hand away and sank to the floor next to him, exhausted.

"So you think I smell good?"

*****

"I can't believe Travis still eats baby cereal!" Grayson flopped on my bed. "Wait until the guys find out!" He wiped a tear from his dark eyes. "Classic!"

I gave him a look that could kill. "No one and I repeat no one, will be finding out about this."

"Yeah, yeah Matum. Travis is a baby-cereal-eating-son-of-a--"

"It seems like you keep on forgetting that he's my brother, wait no, twin!"

His face was blank, but his eyes sparkled furiously. "I. Do. What. I. Please. "

"No you don't! This is my house, my life and my family! So no you can't do what you please!" Something flashed across Grayson's face, but before I could identify it, he stood up a walked down the stairs with me trailing behind. "Where do you think you're you going?! I'm not finished here!"

"You're right. It's not my place to intrude on your precious life." He said not answering my question.

"Where are you going?" I rolled my eyes tired of his games.

"Out." His icy voice was like a slap to the face.

"I said where, Grayson. Where?!"

Grayson abruptly turned around,  a storm brewing in his dark eyes. "To go fight."

Fudge.

Here you go! I wasn't completely sold on this chapter, but it needs to happen in order to get into the plot.  Sorry for the late update. I'm going to try and prewrite some chapters and have a solid updating schedule.
So question: what day would you like to see me update?
FAN and CONMENOTE! #bythewayCatchingFirewasbomb (saw it Nov. 21)! Stay tuned my fried chicken strips!