Chapter 12 - Let Fate Decide.

Start from the beginning

“I’m sorry, but aren’t you attempting a mass murder of the people on that ship?!” my assistant asked really angrily, “Didn’t you say that girl is pregnant with your grandchild?!”

Old man didn’t like her tone and sent her death glares. I was afraid he might do something horrible to her to keep her mouth shut. “Jessie, enough.” I said sternly, “Take this and go.” I shoved the files onto her.

“But-“

“Just go!” I half-yelled under my breath.

Old man chuckled, “I would listen to him if I were you, my dear.” He said with a hint of threat in his tone. I slightly panicked and quickly pushed her out of the door before she digs her grave any deeper. She protested, but I managed to kick her out. ‘Thank me for saving your life, Jess. This guy isn’t someone you would mess with.’ I silently thought. I slammed the door with my back against it, “You won’t do anything to hurt her, right?” I asked, eyeing him up suspiciously.

He smiled, “As long as she keeps her mouth shut.”

I sighed as the tightness of my heart loosened. I can easily convince her to keep quiet because I know those guys won’t die easily. I know Leah. She’s strong and she carries our blood. She won’t die that easily. I went by the curtains and abruptly open it wide to give some light in this depressing room.

“Who told you to open it?” he said, quite angrily at that.

“You have a meeting with Mr. Cho this afternoon. He request that he talks to you about something. Alone.” I said, calmly.

“Shameless little rascal don’t know how to quit. I already loaned him $3 billion for his corrupted company in China and he dares to make such a demand request.” He said, while opening his drawer. “Fine. Arrange it. I shall spare some time to discuss the matter with him.” He grinned, as he took out his wooden box of thick cigars out of the drawer.

I took the lighter out of my inside pocket and lightened up his thick cigar with strong smell of tobacco as he exhaled out the thick smoke. “What if your son dies due to your reckless bet with fate?” I asked, putting the lighter back in my inside pocket of my suit. To be honest, I don’t care if he dies, but if Leah dies, what will become of Auntie and Uncle? What will become of me?

“That’s up to fate.” He said, inhaling the cigar, “If he really carries my blood,-“ he exhaled the smoke into my face, “he will survive.” That’s exactly what I thought with Leah.

“What if he doesn’t?”

“Are you questioning my gut?”

“Well, no. But, what about his friends on board?! What about my cousin?! You do know you will get arrested for attempting mass murder?! I have turned blind eye on you every time you do this to someone who displeases you!” I said, practically yelling.

He said, nonchalantly surfing on his laptop, “What are you gonna do?” he asked, without looking at me in the eye. I was really furious. “Kill me?” He said as if in doubt, “If you were smart, Drevon, you wouldn’t dare to displease me like others did, will you?”

“But, my cousin-“

“-shame the family name!” he yelled as he squeezed the lit-up cigar in his head without fear of getting burned. “To be pregnant at such a young age… What has my son been teaching his boy while he was away?!” he hit his fist on the table with a loud bang. He literally looked red with anger.