Lena smiled as she opened the door wider to let her enter.

Kara almost managed to hold in the gasp she released at the sight of the woman her long hair wavy and wild hung carelessly around her neck.

How did I miss the family resemblances?

"You look so much like Nimda I'd never really realized before, I thought it was just my mind playing tricks."

(Y/n) looked up at her sudden voice, she'd hoped it would be Alex at the door. Why would she be?

"Who is Nimda?"

"My grandmother."

" Oh, was she nice? "

"I think so from what I can remember."

Silence filled the room no one really knowing what else should be said, Kara held herself back from picking her up and holding her tight and never letting her go, she sensed maybe (Y/n) wouldn't take kindly to that.

(Y/n) looked down at her hands sadly. "So, Alex isn't coming is she?"

" I don't think so. "

The chef smiled sadly rising from the sofa.

"I didn't think so but dammit hope is a fucking bitch when you need to face reality, it makes you think something you long to happen will happen, I should have listened to my Dad he told me to never trust a FED, also now I think about it no wonder she was so distrusting, the first second she had a chance to be with her she took it and cast me aside like cheap plastic."

" I..I don't know. " Kara cringed at her useless reply.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you probably don't care, how did you find out anyway?"

" Kara Danvers told me what happened and I contacted Superman he filled in the blanks. "

"He knew all along, I'm not his biggest fan right now I should have been told a long time ago, I nearly freaking zapped that woman with my eyes what the hell was that?"

" Heat vision you didn't realize but you sort of collected every bit of solar energy reserve your body has and emitted blue energy beams. "

"Solar energy reserve what the hell is going on in my life right now, I've seen Superman do this it's lethal right?"

" It can be. "

"Jeez, I'm so screwed, I put the necklace back on."

Kara felt tears force their way into her eyes.

"You see that blue kryptonite as normal, a comfort, a way to protect you every other Kryptonian would feel threatened by their loss of powers, (Y/n) I don't want you to be afraid of who you really are, I want you to embrace it, conquer it, free yourself from the idea you are not normal."

Lena smiled at her words, her voice soft as though she feared her words could break. She is so wonderful.

"Today I watched as the woman I love looked at me like I was a disgusting freak." She turned away feeling the annoying itch of tears threaten. " It's okay I guess it showed me how things truly were, these cursed powers did save me even greater heartache. "

"Take it off, I will teach you how to control your powers, how to use them properly, let me help you." I feel so stupid I jumped to conclusions.

" I.... " She turned to look at Lena who smiled and nodded. (Y/n) wanted to ask about her, what did she want to do with the potential powers she had, should they tell Supergirl about her too?