23rd December

7:44 am

7:44 am

Deep breaths. In, and out.

Azura braced herself on the railing of her balcony, breathing in the fresh morning air. The dew had frozen into frost overnight, covering the surface in a translucent sheen.

Sighing to herself, she pulled herself away from the railing, and throwing one final glance towards the scenery outside, walked back inside.

She engaged herself in her regular morning routine. Brushed her hair, ate a hasty breakfast, pulled on her coat and scarf, and walked out the door to greet the day ahead.

One foot in front of the other, she walked. She walked straight into the oh-so-familiar alley, which she could probably get to in her sleep by now.

Xandar of course, was still asleep but fortunately for her, she stumbled across Sky in the midst of her search for Jordan.

"Hey there," she cooed, bending down to scoop him into her arms. "Where's Jordan?"

Sky let out a worried little whine, which Azura assumed, meant he had no idea. Tickling him lightly under the chin, she walked on, with every intention to find Jordan.

But as a good ten minutes passed with nothing but futile searching, Azura realised that Jordan was nowhere in the alley at least. Her brows scrunched up. He didn't say that he was going anywhere, and she couldn't recall ever really meeting up with him anywhere but the alley.

So where was he?

Determined, she ran straight back home, hoping that Xandar might know something about Jordan's whereabouts.

She rummaged through her pockets, fishing out her keys and unlocking her front door. She marched over to Xandar's bedroom, Sky in tow, a small crease between her brows conveying her worry.

She knocked firmly on the closed door, but when he didn't deign to reply, she walked in anyway.

Amid the piles of mess, she managed to make out her brother's silhouette sprawled across the king sized bed. Worry getting the better of her, she pulled the duvet off Xandar's body. As he blearily opened his eyes, his gaze was met with Azura's bright blue one.

"Where's Jordan?" she demanded, her hands on her hips.

"Why would I know?" he groaned, trying to turn around and go back to sleep. He really didn't want to deal with this so early in the morning.

"Because he's missing, and I can't find him!"

Tsking, Xandar ignored her.

For a few moments, all was silent, and Xandar was convinced that everything would be calm once more, and that he would be able to enjoy a few more moments of precious sleep.

But his fantasy was interrupted by a small sigh. He turned back around to see Azura sitting down on an ottoman, her head in her hands.

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly.