Chapter 9: Crush?

"Do you like Stella?"

The voice of my friend said, sounding ever so foreign to my ears. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, and for the first time in that day, I was speechless.

Thoughts kept chasing each other around my head. They were so many, alot that I couldn't even properly pinpoint one. I was confused, staring blankly at an empty space. The question was so simple, wanting a simple answer that I apparently didn't have. Why was I finding it hard to answer that question? Isn't the answer supposed to be obvious?

Avoiding the asker's face, and Stella's, I looked at Evan with desperate eyes, as if my eyes would somehow beg him to get me out of that situation. All what he did was give me a look of question.

"Ofcourse I like her, I like all of you guys!" I said childishly while he rolled his eyes at me. That made me even more nervous.

Why was I nervous in the first place?

"Don't play around Dee, you know what I mean!" He said sounding more serious now. As if it was a serious issue for him, he intended his gaze on me, clearly waiting for a clean answer.

"I don't like her that way," I said. In all honesty, I wasn't sure if that was a truth or lie. Shaking my head at the thought, I looked at them, waiting of them to start with the new round of truths or dares.

"Oh, well...that's a shame" Jamie let out a small sigh with her words,"You look cute together though!" She still suggested.

What?

Even Jamie? I couldn't believe what I was hearing from my so called friends. The lack of interaction from Stella since Liam's question was asked scared me a little, and for the first time in those few minutes, I dared to look at her in the eye. The moment I travelled my gaze from my lap and to her, I saw she was already looking at me. I couldn't make out the look she gave, it didn't fall clearly in any category. Confused? Maybe sad? Shocked? I found myself not knowing.

"Too bad, I don't" I finally said, eyes locked with her as I sighed.

They didn't look convinced enough, but Evan let it passed and they moved on with the game.

I didn't keep track with the game anymore, I couldn't anymore. I was more paralised by what had happened. Though non of them seemed phased, the situation seemed to affect me more that it should.

You look cute togather though!

I mentally groaned for the unnecessary over- analysation. It was one of those moments where I wished I didn't over think stuff. It was doing no good and I knew it, not to mention it was giving me a headache too.

Time passed and I excused myself to bed eariler than the others. They were watching a movie, but I couldn't really care less, my mind was busy on it's own.

I leaned my forehead further into the pillow and I clutched the soft fabric tightly in my hands, burying my face even more. As if those acts would help to ease my mind, I applied more force and sank more into the bed, blocking my view off everything.

Nonetheless, I still managed to fall asleep.

***

Stella's POV;

"I am going to sleep you guys, good night." I told Laim and Jamie as I waited for the to shake them heads in approval. Evan was already asleep on the sofa, snoring like there was no tomorrow. His mouth was slightly open, making his lips form an ovel shape.