Sharon doesn't want to go out for lunch today. 

She pulls me out of my car and into her house, telling me how good it is I came back and how it's great I didn't turn gay while I was away. There are no cars in the driveway. I'm nervous. Sharon leads me to her room and shoves me onto her bed. She climbs on top of me. I comply, letting her kiss my neck. I did ignore her for most of the week, after all. 

Sharon leads up to my lips and kisses them hungrily. She runs her hands along my body. My dysphoria kicks in when she gets to my waist but slowly keeps getting lower.

Suddenly I see where this is going.

I push Sharon off of me.

"No," I say. "I don't want that. I can't"

She looks disappointed but climbs back on my lap, looping her arms around my neck and straddling me.

"Wallace, what's the matter? Did gay boy already take what's mine?"

I shake my head fiercely.

"But you still could've cheated."

"I didn't cheat on you, Sharon," I say, getting breathless. 

"Then why don't you want this?" She pouts.

"I-I just don't," I say, stammering.

"That's not a reason. Give me a reason."

I don't have a choice. I have to tell her.

"Sharon, I have to tell you something," I start.

"I knew it! Who was it?"

"I'm not cheating on you. I'm trans."

Sharon jumps off of me like I have a terminal disease.

"You're a girl?!"

I shake my head.

"You just said you were trans! You're a girl! You tricked me!"

It suddenly all comes pouring down on me.

Calling me a girl. Always thinking I'm cheating. Not letting me see anyone. Calling Max "gay boy".

Sharon is a terrible person.

"You know what Sharon? You're a bitch. You never trusted me to begin with! You're homophobic and transphobic, and manipulative and toxic. I didn't see my friends for weeks because of you!"

She crosses her arms.

"Whatever, you're the one who tricked me into believing you were a boy,"

"I am a guy. And if you can't see that, then this shouldn't have happened in the first place." 

I get off her bed, grab my jacket and start out the door.

"You can't break up with me! I'm breaking up with you!" She screams, staying behind me.

"Oh well, either way, you're not my problem anymore."

Right before slamming the door, I look back and smile.

"And maybe I should've been with Max. At least he treated me like a decent human being."

After that, I slam the door and walk to my car. 

I get to Adam's house before fully realizing what I did. 

"Dude, you're too good for her," Adam says, scooping ice cream into bowls. Tears are streaming out of my eyes. He walks over and hands me a bowl. I dig in.

"She was a total bitch anyways. Anyone would be lucky to have you, and she took your greatness for granted."

Somehow, this doesn't cheer me up. Adam sits next to me and hugs me from the side.

"Someday, you'll be happily married with dogs and kids. You won't even remember her. And when you're living your best life, she'll be living alone as a grumpy old cat lady."

This makes me chuckle a little.

"Yeah, those looks will not be there forever. Just forget about her Wall. Think about the positives."

"I have to see her every time I want to go to the movies." I groan. He rubs my arm.

"We'll check the employee schedule, she can't be there 24/7. We'll just avoid her shift."

I nod and take another bite of my ice cream.

"Everything's going to be okay Wall. I got you."

I pull Adam into a long needed hug. When we break apart, he kisses the top of my head and gets up.

"I'll get the junk shit, you get the good movies." He says. I pick out our favorite movies and slide them onto our coffee table, and Adam brings our bags of chips, a bowl of popcorn, some sodas and a Pizza.

"Okay, let's get this break-up party started!"