XXI. Sick Obsession

Start from the beginning

Mom will be so pissed off that I accepted dad offers to join the Italian mafia.

She walks over towards me, placing her arms out, and I glance at momma, who shakes her head. Chewing on my lips, I saw her putting her arms down and fell on the couch, sleeping. Alice has always had this bad habit of straddling me when she wakes up, where she doesn't even notice it.

After we ate breakfast, Alice went back home to get ready for school. I went back upstairs to see her curtains were wide open. She releases a yawn, stretching her body, and I can see her starting to strip. Instantly, I shut the curtain, mind wondering if she is doing this on purpose.

A little peek won't hurt.

"No, Neilson boundaries! Boundaries!" I scorn myself and walk towards the closet. Grabbing my suit, I undressed and got ready for work. "Boundaries," I repeat that word over and over.

Grabbing my cell phone, I pull down my tie, feeling as if it's constricting my fucking lungs. "You can do this, Neilson," I mumbled and opened the front door. "Bye, momma!"

"Bye, sweetheart! Remember boundaries! Jail isn't just a place!"

Licking my dry lips, I saw Alice walking out, and a smile crossed my lips. She was wearing a blue shirt, tucked inside her long black ripped jeans, hair scrunched up into a ponytail, with the black shoes I bought for her birthday last year.

My smile quickly drops when I see a familiar red truck, and Alice walks towards it. She opens the door, and I watch as she laughs at some crap that left his mouth. She playfully pushes him and starts playing with the radio. He narrows his eyes and slaps her hand. Then she hits his shoulder. Clenching my fist, I saw them begin playfully slapping each other, where he cautiously tried not to hit her too hard. He grabs her pink cheeks and squeezes it, causing her to poke out her tongue at him.

They drove away, and I saw Marvin jogging towards my way, brows scrunching. "Did you look in the mirror, realized how unattractive you look, then broke it?" He asks.

I look down to see the side mirror in pieces. "Fuck."

Marvin puffs his cheeks. "So, I saw the little brat from next door got-"

I pull my tie-down, "Shut up."

Lucky me, one of the guys message me they caught another guy who needs to be investigated. Marvin glanced at me, shaking his head. "I pity the fool who got caught today."

I wipe the blood from my knuckles.

"Fuck, you must be pissed," Drew said.

"He told me that the stuff is in Florida. Send some guys to get it," I said in a dead tone and walked out.

Sitting in my office, I turn on my phone while Drew takes a nap on the couch. I don't use social media, but Alice does, and it's not stalking because we are legitimate friends online.

Scrolling through her posts, I couldn't help but chuckle until I saw her with that kid, Ian. She had her arms wrapped around his neck, lips kissing his cheek.

I threw the phone on my desk, and Drew's eyes peeled open. "Little girl from next door?"

I place my head on my palm, glancing at the clock. According to my guys, this Ian guy goes to Alice school, where he is the third smartest person behind Nina and Alice. He is the fucking football team captain and helps out his parents on the farm during the weekend. Overall, he is a fucking goody two shoes, where there isn't a fucking flaw, a single fucking reason for Alice to break up with him.

Drew sat up, heading his way towards me, and leaned against the desk. "Don't you think enough this is enough," he said, eyeing the phone and letting out a low whistle. "Alice has a boyfriend now, living a normal teenage life, maybe you should get lea-"