His Happiness/Her Dismay

Start from the beginning

Shay nearly had to choke back her urge to cry from listening to Bryce. Hearing that he was willing to put her happiness before his was just too much. He was what makes her happy something she thought he knew already. But there was something she didn't know. "What'll make you happy Bryce?" she asked.

Bryce was taken back by her question. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what's the one thing that you can think of right now that'll bring you overwhelming joy. Something that you've always wanted. Something that'll make you happy." she sighed. "I'm not throwing away my life. This is what I want: you. Everything else will fall into place sooner or later. You've put everybody else's happiness before your own including me. But for once you have to think about yourself and what you want Bryce."

She never failed to amaze him. Nobody ever really asked him before what did he want to do because he was always taking care of everybody else. "After my dad passed I wanted nothing more than to pack my shit and leave. But I was a child back then and too young to really start a life for myself. So I decided that once I was old and well off I would leave this fucked up place and never look back. But overtime, I knew I couldn't leave the crew behind. They were my family and I couldn't just abandon them like my family did to me."

He paused for a moment before continuing. "What'll make me happy is finally getting away. Going somewhere that'll give me a clean slate. Nobody knows my name, my history, my family none of that. They'll look at me and think nothing of me."

"Where would you go?" Shay asked.

Bryce shrugged. "East coast probably. Maybe Miami I heard they're doing some reckless shit over there." he chuckled.

An she laughed along with him. "I love you."

He leaned in and kissed her briefly. "All or nothing."

She couldn't stop herself from smiling at that. "All or nothing."

Shay's POV

I hate Chanel in this moment. Today was the day I had been dreading but now it was here. There was no use in quivering any longer. I had to buck up and put on a strong face, just as Bryce always does. I've been cooped up in one of the spare bedrooms in Bryce's house for about two hours now. I'm not sure anymore I gave up on keeping the time. Chanel took this whole "baiting" thing to the next level and beyond. Not only did I have to endure the long hours of my training but now I had been forced to sit in this uncomfortable seat for hours on end until my butt went numb.

My stomach grumbled and I winced. I was pretty hungry since Chanel wouldn't let me up long enough to even pee. The only thing I had to eat today was a Twix bar Jay had brought up earlier. There was a plate full of cookies and muffins before me. Boy, did they look delicious. My hand reached out for one praying that Chanel didn't notice.

And she did of course. The comb she held in her hand came down onto my palm quickly and painfully. "Ow! The hell!?!"

"You can eat once I'm finished." she snarled. "If you want to I'll personally chew it up for you if you want Princess." she joked.

I rolled my eyes. "Are you almost finished? If I die of starvation I'm pretty sure Bryce will rip you a new one."

She scoffed. "Ain't nobody scared of Bryce. Well you of course." she laughed. "And besides you can go a day without eating. You'll be fine."

"But I'm so hungry." I whined.

Chanel huffed and removed her hands from my hair. "Fine, eat then. If it'll keep you from whining every two seconds."

"Yes!' I exclaimed ignoring Chanel grabbing the plate full of goodies. I pulled back the wrapping off the muffin and took a big bite out of it. I moaned as the taste hit my taste buds. Food was for a fact, my friend.