Fifty Shades Darker

My body was cold, unbelievably cold. I felt as if I had been slapped into reality by Jake Frost himself. My mind was haunted by my own aggravating thoughts. I sat in the ruby colored plush love seat staring down at my intertwined hands. I couldn't bare to look at...him. I was still under the impression that this was all just a drunken hallucination or just some sick twisted dream my imagination had created. It just couldn't be true. Another Kelly?

"Here," Marcus suggested holding out a glass bowl stuffed with chocolate covered strawberries. "You look like you've seen a ghost girl." he smiled.

I took the bowl in my hands. "J-Just a little more shocked."

Marcus nodded and sat across from me. "Guess that's a common reaction due to these type of circumstances." his green orbs connected with mine. "You should really eat something. It'll help sober you up." he suggested.

"Actually I'm considering getting another drink." I noted.

A deep chuckle rumbled from inside his chest. With shaky hands I grasped one of the strawberries and popped it into my mouth. My taste buds exploding from the sweetness of the strawberry and the rich creamy chocolate. Marcus was right to a sort. I did need to eat something. Comfort food was a girl's best friend. "How come no one's mentioned you before?" I asked popping another strawberry into my mouth.

"Because most don't know about me." he shrugs. "Bryce is my half-brother. We both have the same father but different mothers. I had lived with our father and Bryce's mom until I was about 9 because of the freud between baby mamma's occurred. I went on to live with my mom for the rest of my teenage years in New Orleans-"

"That doesn't really answer my question, but okay." I interrupted.

Marcus's grin widens. "Well if you had let me finish then I would have answered your damn question." I smile, guilty. "Bryce and I were somewhat close growing up and he was angry with me for leaving him and Katrina behind. I wasn't the big brother Bryce needed me to be at the time. I made promises I couldn't keep, I just wasn't around. I put my life, wants and desires ahead of stepping up to the plate of being the older sibling when shit hit the fan. I was more of a selfish cat back in the day and Bryce soon just tried to forget me all the together."

"And you're back because?"

"I'm here to help him. Even if he doesn't want my help, which I know he wouldn't. Bryce doesn't know I'm back and I would like to keep it that way." his eyes narrowed before he continued. "Word on the street travels fast and the news is Bryce has a run in with our Uncle, does he not?"

I nodded. "And if that's the same Uncle that I can remember, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants."

"I know." I sign. "I feel so helpless in the situation. I'm damn near walking around with a target on my back everywhere I go. I'm like the damsel in distress and I'm sick of it. Bryce keeps so much hidden it's getting ridiculous."

Marcus nodded. "How much as Bryce told you?"

"Being that I'm just finding out he has an older brother, not much apparently."

Marcus's face hardens. "So he hasn't told you about Katrina? Our family background? Or even how our father died?"

"All I know is that your father died in a car fire and that he has a sister named Katrina."

Marcus chuckles. "Is that what he told you now?"

I nod as Marcus shakes in his head in disbelief. "My father and uncle were born into a long line of wealth. My grandfather was a successful business man - as his father before- and created one of the largest marketing companies along the West Coast. Despite that, my father didn't want the money handed to him. He wanted to earn it. As soon as my father turned 18, he set out on his own and got a job and worked his ass off to get the things he wanted. Raymond on the other hand was money hungry. He embraced his money he inherited and used it for the wrong reasons. When my grandfather saw Raymond was using the money for the wrong things, he cut him off completely."