“To a sucky life,” I said before as a toast before downing the drink.

I left the glass upside down on the table and the bartender collected it.

I turned around and looked at the entrance to see Liam walk in with Bella, Niall, Jade and Harry. I really didn’t want to talk to them and I didn’t want to see Liam. I didn’t want to talk to him either. So I got up and started walking towards the back entrance.

I was edging around the dance floor when a hand grabbed mine. I closed my eyes and turned around. I was blood shot eyes and a very strong man. Jason.

            “Let me go, you piece of scum.”

            “Nu-uh. I don’t think so,” he yanked me closer to him and I grunted as his other hand pressed against my back and forced my body against his. “You embarrassed me in front of a lot of people a couple of weeks ago but I’m willing to forgive you. If you’re willing to give me something.”

            “What? Ew no! You are a disgusting psycho and you need to let me go before I scream rape.”

            “You’re not going to be screaming anything but my name,” he said and he grabbed a fistful of my hair and held it in a position so that my head was piercing with the pain.

            “I don’t want to kick your ass again. But I will,” I said with gritted teeth. “Now let me go!”

            “Not-”

He was cut off by a fist smashing his face and my eyes widened. It wasn’t my fist. It was about to be my fist, well actually it was about to be my knee to his groin, but this fist beat me to it. Jason released me and my hand massaged my head where Jason had been pulling my hair.

I turned and saw Liam. His jaw was locked and it was looking very defined, I could see his whole jaw line move when he swallowed and I had to admit that it turned me on. He grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

I wish it hadn’t been him. I was trying to forget him and it would be so much easier if he wasn’t so, so Liam. He had to stop acting like I was his girlfriend. It would just be easier if he moved on. If he moved on then I could move on.

            “I didn’t need your help,” I said ripping my arm away from his. Liam looked stunned for a second but then he closed his outstretched arm and it slinked back to his side.

            “A simple ‘thank you’ would suffice,” he said coolly. He started walking away and then he turned. “What did I do wrong? Or did you just not care? Was this just all a game to you?”

            “No,” I said.

            “Really? Because it seems like that! What the hell is ‘it’s over’?” Liam shouted at me. “I have no reason to believe you even cared about me.”

            “Of course I care about you,” I whispered.

            “Then why did you leave? Why?”

            “I can’t - ”

            “Please just come back. We can talk about it,” Liam insisted and he stepped closer to me and tried to grab my hand and I was an inch away from letting him.

“No,” I screamed desperately and I turned away taking a few steps away from him and then I turned back to face him, “Urgh! You don’t understand!”

            “What don’t I understand!” Liam shouted back, “Please! Enlighten me as to what I don’t understand!”

            “I – It hurts,” I cried out.