12: PAINFUL TRUTH

Thomas woke Newt up early the next morning, he had started panicking about the fact that Allison was home alone with their father after seeing a text from Minho

Thomas woke Newt up early the next morning, he had started panicking about the fact that Allison was home alone with their father after seeing a text from Minho. He couldn't bare to think about what he would come home to.

So they were in the car on the way back. Newt kept glancing over at Thomas but the younger boy didn't react.

"Why are you so worried, Tommy?" Newt asked.

"My father.. I've not told anyone this.. Not even Allison.." Tommy paused to rethink his decision about telling Newt but came to the solution that it was the right choice. "He's violent. He's hit me."

Newt was shocked, he couldn't think of anything to say. He just pressed his foot slightly harder down on the gas. He was speeding slightly but he knew he and Thomas needed to get home. Allison could be hurt.

And she was.

The girl was shocked at the fact that her fathers hand had collided openly with her cheek. She didn't know how to react to it, just blinking a few times. Like as if everything was slowed down, her tears fell from her eyes. Her lips trembled, her hands shook like leaves about to fall off trees.

"Are you going to answer me now, Allison?" Her father asked, causing the girl to try to speak, but she still couldn't find the words.

"Papa-" was all she managed to say, before a hand collided with her face again. The girl started crying even more and tried to tell herself it was just a nightmare. She was asleep and was about to wake up, wasn't she?

She tried to leave the room but her father's booming voice made her stop.

"Where's your brother? I thought that was his girlfriend driving the car."

Allison drew in a deep breath, trying to figure out what to say. Her mind raced as she tried to think of an answer but she just ended up crying again. She left and locked herself in her room. Her father kept yelling for her but she refused to open the door.

Eventually the yelling paused, synchronise with a loud bang that sounded to have come from outside. The knocks on her door stopped. She took the chance to head over to the bathroom and step in the shower, hoping it would wash away whatever was going on. The shower water combined with the music playing from her phone drowned out whatever other noise was being made in the house. That meant she didn't hear her brother coming home.

The front door had slammed against the wall when Thomas opened it, Newt right behind him. He stared at his father who was knocking on Allison's door, watching as Ally moved to the bathroom with her eyes to the ground once her father had stopped.

"Dad, please. You didn't hurt her, did you?" Thomas asked, his eyes filled with pain as Newt's filled with tears.

"Thomas, it's not hurting if it'll help. She just didn't answer my questions." The monster who called himself Thomas' dad answered. Thomas shook his head.

"Dad, you promised you wouldn't hurt her. You promised to never lay a hand on her!" Thomas exclaimed, Newt reaching for his hand to comfort him. Mr. Carter saw that action and furrowed his brows.

"Who's this, Tom?" He asked.

"This is Newt..?" Thomas answered with confusion in his tone.

"Newt, get out. This is my apartment." The eldest of them ordered.

"I don't think I sho-" Newt tried to protest but the blond was cut off.

"Leave!" Thomas' father yelled. Newt looked at Thomas, who just seemed so broken, hoping Thomas would beg him to stay so he could protect him.

"Newt, you should go." Thomas whispered. Newt's heart broke but he decided to leave. He bit his lip slightly as he nodded.

"Okay, Tommy. I'll see you later.." Newt looked Thomas in the eyes, noticing Thomas nod slightly. Then Newt left.

And he instantly regretted it. He didn't want to make things worse for Thomas though.

"You're Gay?" Thomas' father asked Thomas. The brave young boy knew his father would be upset about that, but he nodded. He let the first collide with his face, as he'd learnt that fighting back didn't help.

He tried to block out the hateful slurs.

Ally couldn't though. She stepped out of the shower and kept crying. She gripped the sink as if needed a hold to reality. She heard her father calling her brother horrible names as her own cheek stung and had already started swelling. She didn't recognise her father.

Thomas just took it all. He'd rather be hurt than see little Ally be hurt. He felt blood start to trickle as he fought for consciousness.

Then the door burst open again and people came in. He felt the blows to his face stop and he heard struggles. He heard someone talking at him.

"Sir? What's your name?"

"Thom-" it hurt to say more. He left it at that. Tom.

"Okay, Tom. You're okay. The cops took Mr. Carter away. I'm a paramedic and I'm going to take care of you, alright?" The voice was kind. Thomas nodded slightly.

"Where's Ally? Is Ally okay?" He asked, opening his eyes to look at the dark haired paramedic.

"Is that her name? Ally? She's your sister, isn't she?" Thomas nodded to reply. "She's upset and crying but she's not injured badly. There's just gonna be some bruising." The paramedic told him.

Thomas kept struggling to remain conscious, reaching his phone out of his pocket.

"Call." He paused. "Teresa, Minho," another pause. "And Newt." He unlocked the phone and handed it to the paramedic before feeling his energy drain. His consciousness that he'd struggled for slipped from his grasp causing the other paramedics to pick Thomas up and put him in the ambulance. The dark haired one was left to call the three people Tom had asked for.

The girl told him not to call Minho because she was already with him. Then it was just Newt left to call.