6: STUDYING

Allison was quite surprised when she found herself laughing whilst studying

Allison was quite surprised when she found herself laughing whilst studying. Usually she would be crying because everything was too difficult but no, she laughed. She knew why as well.

Because of Alexander Clifford.

The boy had offered to follow Ally home to help her study for a test he didn't actually have to do since he only just arrived and couldn't know the stuff yet. Ally accepted the offer, though she knew it would make him find out how stupid she actually was. She didn't mind though, because Alex didn't seem like the kind of guy that would make fun of her for it.

"No, it's spelt like this." Alex took her pen from her hand and rewrote the word she has written, this time making sure it was spelt correctly.

"I told you I'm gonna fail this completely." Allison told him, shaking her head a little. She really didn't think she would pass the test.

"No, you're not. Here, answer these questions. They're the basics so depending on your answers I'll no what to focus on." Alexander slid her a sheet of paper with about nine questions on. Ally nodded and started answering the questions, having no clue about most of them.

Alex was in his phone as Ally answered the questions, he mainly messed around with the snapchat filters. When Allison was done answering the questions she jumped in on one of his selfies, getting a filter of her own.

"I was replying to my mom." Alex told her with a chuckle.

"Oh, sorry." Allison apologised with a blush. She didn't mean to intrude on a conversation or anything.

"It's okay. She's been asking for a picture of you since I told her I was at yours. She's gonna like you." Alex replied before taking the sheet of paper from in front of Allison. She got half the questions right so Alex carefully explained the answers to the ones that were wrong. He had realised at this point that Ally had difficulties learning things, but tried to help her anyway.

Thomas wasn't expecting to hear his sister laughing when he came through the front door. The sound was lovely and innocent, it made his sister sound like a child again, which warmed Thomas' heart.

"Ally? I'm home." He called out. The laughter died down a little and Ally emerged from her room, Alexander coming with her.

"Hi Tom, this is Alex from the park. He's just helping me study." Ally smiled, looking at Alex and giggling a little. Thomas raised his eyebrows a little.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you, more than just a quick hi in the park." Alex held out a hand for Thomas to shake. Tom shook his hand, raising his eyebrows a tiny bit more because of the boys politeness.

"You too. Were you planning to stay for dinner?" Thomas wondered, hoping the answer would be no because he didn't have enough food to go around for Alex too.

"Oh, no. My mom is expecting me to be home soon. Thank you for offering though." Alexander flashed Thomas a wide smile, his words making Thomas' worry disappear. Thomas hated worrying.

Alexander helped Allison study for another 30 minutes before he had to leave to get home on time. Allison actually knew quite a few more of the answers to the quick quiz Alexander gave her. She was proud of herself as Alex had told her she most definitely would pass if she did that well on the test. She even hurried back to her room to get it so she could show Thomas.

"Thomas! Thomas look! He wrote what he thought the questions would be for the exam and look! I got 73%! Can you see that? Look at it!" Allison exclaimed happily, showing Thomas the paper.

73 was in the lower part of average, and Allison would usually only just pass with a 67. 73 could make her grade a C, instead of a D. Thomas was very proud of her.

"I'm so proud, Ally. If you get 73 on the actual exam I'll take you out for dinner." Thomas promised her. He watched as her eyes widened and her smile grew.

"Really?" Allison asked with a big smile.

"Yeah, really. I promise you, we'll go out for dinner if you get 73 or more." Thomas promised. Allison now looked really determined to get a high mark and scurried back to her room to study some more.

Thomas was really proud of his sister for even trying. He didn't struggle in high school, but she did. Her grades were scraping the bottom of the barrel, she was barely passing. The only subjects she had good grades in were art, music and gym. She wanted to go to an art school for college, like Newt did, but she needed better grades by the time college rolled around to even get in.

"Oh by the way, Lucy is coming over next weekend." Thomas mentioned to his sister, who's smile just became wider. Thomas didn't think that was possible.

Lucy was their 17 year old cousin, who was close to both of them. Both of them could talk to her about anything and everything, and both had a lot to say. Lucy was also one of those people who give great advise, so they knew they could always turn to her. She visited every now and again when she was off school and she always made sure to be around for celebrations like birthdays and holidays. Her parents were so loving, unlike her mothers brother who barely cared for his children. She's inherited her mothers loving and giving nature so she always tried to help Tom and Ally as much as she could.

"Lucy is coming!? That's great cause my exam is Thurday! She can celebrate with us if I do well!" Ally jumped up and down as she clapped her hands. She was so excited it made Thomas laugh, which in turn made Allison laugh too. For the first time in a while the two were just overwhelmingly happy.

In that moment, they were weightless.

This chapter is dedicated to starlordesses because they're so sweet, lovely and talented.