Chapter 30

Lydia woke up alone, which didn't surprise her. She could tell from the sunlight streaming into the room that she'd slept longer than usual.

She stretched her limbs and grabbed the white chemise from the ground, sliding it over her head. The gold medallion peaked out from Lydia's shirt and her attention drifted to it. She studied it, holding it firmly in her hands. Her lips stretched into a knowing smile as she remembered Bellamy sliding it around her neck the previous night.

"I be assuming ye've been awake for a while now?" Bellamy was leaning against the door, arms crossed over his chest as he watched her.

Lydia shrugged, making part of the shirt slide off her shoulder. The captain's eyes now focused on her naked shoulder, closing the door behind him as he came closer to the bed.

"I slept longer than usual," Lydia answered his question, even though it seemed to have been long forgotten.

He couldn't get enough of her. He wanted her under him again. She wanted him too.

Stopping dead in his tracks, he seemed to remind himself why he was here. Lydia brought the fabric back over her shoulder, shaking off the raw desire that was spreading fast.

Bellamy, instead, went over to the large metal bowl filled with water and splashed his face with it. Lydia wandered around the room, picking up random items and pretending to be interested by them when all she could think about was him.

His fingers were wrapped around the bowl, back facing her as went to lay her hands on his shoulders, kissing his back. The feeling made him sigh and tilt his head back as he closed his eyes. Her lips traveled around his back until she moved in order to be standing in front of him. Her teeth grabbed his skin and released it over and over again until Bellamy lost his patience and wrapped his arms around her.

Lydia smiled and looked up at him. She was small in his hands yet fit him perfectly, as if she'd been made for him. His lips crashed against hers and he felt her reach up on her toes and grab a handful of his hair.

He was soft, gentle even, but there was a hunger inside of him. The same as Lydia's. Out of breath, Lydia let her head fall back and Bellamy wandered down to her neck, his body hovering over hers as he held on tightly. She made soft noises that only seemed to fuel his desire even more.

She was already sliding her shirt over her head when Bellamy took hold of her hands, lips against hers as he tried gaining a sense of control.

"Lydia, we have work..."

She knew that; they always had work to do. But she wanted to stay with him for a little while longer? Wanted to pretend there were just the two of them on this ship. No crew, no dangerous sea goddess, no secretive cave...

Lydia back away from Bellamy slowly, body still facing him. The shirt dropped to the floor and she grinned seeing him get lost in her curves.

"Please, Bel?" the name rolled off her tongue as she stood from across the room, looking up at him through her lashes in a highly distracting way. She knew how to control him, and he knew it very well.

The last part of restraint was slipping through his fingers as he trapped her between the wall and himself. Lydia's body wrapped itself around his, excitement and lust rolling off her body in waves as she kissed his chest.

"We haven't got time." His hands were already moving, sliding over her skin. He'd lost this one and he knew it. Lydia pressed her body against his, celebrating her victory as she pushed herself off the wall and wrapped her legs around Bellamy's hips.