Chapter 8

Dedicated to @DanielPenton9. Thanks for the lovely comments :)

"So, we be treatin' her like some prisoner?" Asked Finicky.

He'd been asking questions ever since Bellamy had come back up from the hulk. A part of him felt like a traitor when he'd seen the look in the mermaid's eyes.

But then he'd remembered: that gold belonged to him. Mermaids were rare enough, he couldn't just let one go. Besides, he had yet to look at the rest of the map.

"Aye," He answered without looking at his quartermaster. There was no use in reasoning with him. Finicky had been sailing with him since they were boys and Bellamy knew just how stubborn they both could be.

They'd gone into piracy together as boys and never looked back. Past his robust exterior, Finicky had a kind heart. Bellamy was always looking out for him, making sure he didn't get into any trouble. After all, pirates with soft hearts didn't live very long.

"Come on Bel, she be alone and afraid down there." Finicky tried to make his friend come to his senses but it was of no use.

Without even one glance towards him, Bellamy answered, "Aye, but she be alive as well."

Rolling his eyes, Finicky went back to barking orders at the crew, taking his rage out on some misfortunate swabbies who were mopping the grounds.

They continued to sail, trying to get away from Raven's murderous grasp. Bellamy knew that he'd started a war. They'd had their issues, but now, Bellamy had stolen Raven's only advantage in this treasure hunt: the mermaid. Raven wouldn't let him get away with it, which only made Bellamy smile. He liked the challenge.

Instead of letting his mind think about the red haired creature, Bellamy left the commands to Finicky and headed towards his chambers. He closed the door and immediately retrieved the map, opening it and laying it upon the large oak desk.

He placed his part of the map down as well, aligning the two. Surely enough, he was able to read what was needed in order to get to Captain De Ascona's haven.

His eyes went wide as he looked it over. Not only did he not recognize some of the objects but the map indicated that they'd be sailing in some of the most dangerous waters.

Bellamy smiled. This adventure would make him a legend. Captain Bellamy Davis: the pirate who sailed the deadliest oceans and found Captain Alejandro Fernandez De Ascona's haven. Aye, they would tell stories about him and his crew.

There was nothing like a treasure hunt to make Bellamy's blood pump, the adrenaline boosting his senses. It made him feel alive; electric. His muscles jumped in anticipation. It was a race between two legends and Bellamy was coming in first, no matter the cost.

But he would have to find out what some of these objects were first.

Grabbing the map, he opened the door and went looking for Finicky. They needed to find someone who would be able to tell them where to find these items. Surely, his friend would know of someone. Finicky got around; he was capable of finding anyone, anywhere.

Looking around, Bellamy couldn't see him.

Actually, as his eyes surveyed the ship, Bellamy noticed half his crew was missing. Furrowing his eyebrows, Bellamy started to roam around, searching the missing men. Where could they have possibly gone?

His blood boiled with anger as he thought of the men slacking on their duties. This was a ship dammit and Bellamy wasn't about to let them forget who was their captain.