13. Besties to the Rescue

Start from the beginning

"We should go shopping. You don't have any plans do you, Alice?" Abigail looked at me with pleading eyes and a sly smile.

"I didn't bring any mone--" "Jared, drive to the mall." Abigail intercepted, "It's okay darlin', I placed your money bag in your messenger bag."

I laughed, "If you're going to force me to go, then why ask?"

Abigail shrugged, "Trying to be polite for once." We heard Jared give a snort or something, "Cheah, polite my arse."

Abigail kicked his seat from the back, "Hush it you, and drive."

"Yes, your highness." I laughed at the sarcasm dripping from Jared's comment.

~

Abigail linked elbows with Jared and me, "Okay lovelies, we're going lingerie shopping first. I'm sure they have a few boxers or something at Victoria's Secret."

Jared rolled his eyes, I felt a bit bad for him. "We can go to Blackheart if you don't want to go to Victoria's Secret, darlin'." Abigail flashed him a grin, she was having fun.

Jared huffed, "Doesn't matter. You're going to take us to both stores anyway."

"Right you are my dear, now in we go." And we all entered Victoria's Secret.

Fifteen minutes or so passed, Jared's hiding out in the corner and Abigail is piling up matching sets of bras and panties for me.

"Abigail, why don't you buy some for yourself." Abigail looked up at me, with another pair of bra in her hands, "Honey, the sexiest designs are always in your size, let me have my fun. I'm paying half for you anyway."

I dropped all the items in my arms, "What?! No! C'mon, let's leave, Jared's dying. And stop ogling my chest."

"You've got a great arse too, hon. But you've got to take at least five with you. Pleaseeeeeeeee. Then we'll leave...I swear...to Blackheart." Abigail pouted and gave me pleading eyes. I was a goner.

It was an hour later when we finally left Blackheart and entered a clothing store. Jared seemed much happier.

When Jared went to the men's side, Abigail whispered, "Jared's birthday is tomorrow, I still need to buy him something. Pops and Mums are giving him a surprise party. I think Mums already told Uncle and Aunty, but I don't know. You should come too, bring Chase if you want."

I laughed, "Why are you whispering, Jared doesn't have super powers to hear you. Well do you have a present in mind?"

Abigail smiled, "Last time Jared and I went shopping, I saw him eyeing these shoes that I know he'd love. Oh and I know his crush~!"

I gaped at her, "No way, Jared has a crush?"

Abigail frantically nodded, "Yes, I'm so proud of him. I'm going to help that dimwit talk to her. I feel like a mother losing her son." Abigail wiped fake tears away. I laughed, "I think I'll buy him a shirt or something."

"This will be awesome~! See that clerk over there? That's Jared's crush."

I stray my eyes to see a beautiful woman with medium-length black hair. Recognition hits me, "Hey, isn't she Miranda? She goes to our college no?"

Abigail nodded, "And guess what...she has a crush on Jared too!~"

I gaped, "You're lying! That's awesome! You're inviting her to the party?"

Abigail nodded, "Yes, and she will come. Even if I have to drag her."

~9:22~

"Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. I'll see you around." I waved off to Abigail and Jared.

I settled my new clothes in my wardrobe and found two shirts. I bought a shirt for Jared as well as Chase. I know I didn't have to, but the shirt basically has Chase's name written on it. It wouldn't look good on anyone else...what am I saying. I keep Chase's shirt on my night table and decide to wrap Jared's shirt up.

I was lying on the sofa, upside down again, when my stomach grumbled. Oh I should eat...but I'm so comfy...

The door opened, "I'm home. I've brought dinner. Hope you like Panda Express...Alice...what are you doing?"

"Trying hard not to be bored." I replied as I sat up straight.

"Welcome back, I'd love some Panda Express right now." I grinned at Chase.

We set up the table in front of the sofa and then I placed our food, while Chase looked through my collection of DVDs.

"You want to watch I Love Lucy? I used to watch this show with my brother all the time."

Chase nodded, "I used to watch it with my parents."

Chase's parents...he never talks about them. I look up at him and see him chewing his food and watching the show with longing eyes.

A story for another day, I guess. I took a bite of my honey walnut covered shrimp and nearly moaned, "I can eat these everyday."

Chase smiled, "Yeah, the honey walnut covered shrimp are a personal favorite of mine, too. I bought you a dress."

"How funny, I bought you a shirt."

"I take it that you went out with Jared and Abigail."

I gave him a nod, "Any plans for tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"Jared's birthday is tomorrow. Abigail invited us."

"What if I say no."

I shrugged, "I guess I'm going alone then."

Chase finished his food and gulped down his drink.

"I'd love to go with you." Chase's warm hand fell on mine and we continued watching I Love Lucy together.