Chapter 23: You Again

© All Rights Reserved 2013-2014

Recap:

Alexis wakes up buried, after someone stabs her. When she gets out she goes home and finds Jessie, who tells her Damon said that she said she was going out of town. Alexis puts two and two together to find out who stabs her. At the Salvatore house, they have a meeting about Katherine escaping the tomb and how she did it. She confronts Damon about stabbing her and Damon confronts her about how she is still alive. Neither answer the questions. They kiss.

Chapter 23

Some people say that when you kiss a person you truly love, you'll feel as if the universe is rooting for the two of you, and you feel this warm bubbly feeling in your stomach; one that makes you feel... well loved. I've lived thousands of years, and I know how rare true love comes by, and how intense it is. Love doesn't come by again and again, and you certainly can't go out looking for it, so when it does come by, you hold on to it, really tight and for good.

Those some people must have never really felt true love. The three times when I was in love it was incredible. It gave me a power I never once felt before. It gave me someone who would over look my many flaws and love me for me, and most importantly, it would give me someone to turn to in this very lonely, and rejected world. And when we kissed, it was incredible. It was undefinable. It was like nothing I've ever felt before and each time it just felt like it got more intense. It was sort of like an out of body experience. It made you feel like everything was... Okay. You wouldn't be able to think of anything, but the two of you and cherishing every last second of your happy ever after. It was as if you got your infinite worth of love in that kiss.

When you knew, you knew.

That's why I was so confused as to what happened. What happened between Damon and I. It wasn't as if we did anything beyond a kiss, but after finding love I realized you find out before that beyond part. That part is well just a... Bonus... or another part of your partner that you get to know.

I've never felt more confused in my life.

"Wait you kissed Damon?" Jessie asked, bewildered.

"Can you keep it down!" I hissed. "I don't want the whole freakin' town of Mystic Falls to know."

I looked around the bar&grill just to make sure nobody was paying attention to us, before returning to the conversation.

"Why?" Jessie asked, still confused and quite surprised.

"What do you mean why?" I snapped, kicking him under the table. "It just happened."

"Alright no need to get all PMS-y on me." Jessie said like the prick he is. "What I meant was, why did you let it happen?"

That's was a good question, why did I let Damon kiss me. Why did we end up making out with my pressed against a tree, which ended up in me getting home then attempting to get splinters out of my shoulder.

"I didn't let Damon kiss me, I kissed him." I said in realization.

Jessie leaned closer to me from across the table, doing this weird thing with his eyes that made me cringe away from him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked, leaning back as he leaned forwards.

Jessie ignored me as he continued to use his eyes to force a window in my eyes in an attempt to search for my soul. "So you like Damon?"

I hesitated, even though deep inside I knew. "I don't know."

"So then do you just wanna bang-"

"Ew, no." I said slapping him upside his head making him go back to normal. "I'm not you."

"Then what?" Jessie asked clearly exasperated with me.

Just as I was about to respond the door to the bar&grill opened and in entered Elena.

"Look whose here." I said to Jessie, nodding my head towards Elena.

"So it's just Elena." Jessie said, clearly confused after turning back around to face me.

"Is it?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and taking a sip of bourbon from my glass.

"No way." Jessie smirked.

"Yes way." I muttered smiling, as I made eye contact with Katherine. I wiggled my eyebrows at her giving her a sly smirk

I watched as the smirk vanished from her face as panic took over. She could hide from anyone else, except for me and she knows that.

As quick as the wind, Katherine disappeared out the door, bringing a smirk to my face.

"Looks like someone wants to play." Jessie commented, with a sinister smirk on his face. Jessie loved to play chase, he used to play with his prey for hours before he bit into their neck and ravished them till they were dry as a bone.

"Let's play."

~*~

I could see her, but she couldn't see me. She didn't even sense me.

After another five minutes of her running till she was way out of town. Getting bored, I gracefully jumped over her head, and landed right in front of her halting her.

She gasped in surprise and ran the other way, only to bump into Jessie.

"Sup babe." Jessie greeted with a smirk that would make most girls swoon and faint.

Before Katherine could move, we began running around her, faster and faster. The dust around us began to fly with us, making us seem like a tiny tornado with Katherine in the middle.

When we stopped, I had Katherine by the throat, and Jessie had put a dagger in her back.

"What a catch, don't you think Jessie." I said loving the fear radiating off of her.

"Mhm, I don't know." Jessie trailed, walking around us. "It could have been a little younger."

"Your right, lets just kill it. It's caused enough trouble in the world during it's life time."

"Your older than me." Katherine wheezed out.

"I don't remember giving you permission to talk." I spat.

"I'm sure a lot of guys like your kinky nature." Katherine commented, still trying to act tough.

"I wouldn't know Katherine, because I wasn't a prostitute in my past life like you. I don't open up for anything with lips and a heart."

"As amusing as this fight is, I think someone needs to rest." Jessie said, interrupting us.

I took that as my cue to snap Katherine's neck.

~*~

Authours Note

Sorry guys, summer was supposed to give me an opportunity to update more frequently, but i've been hella busy.

I had this huge family gathering. Then one of my cousins got married in the beginning of august, so i had pre and post wedding things that kept me busy. Then i stayed at my cousins for two weeks, then my grandmas for a week and a half.

Now i have to do school prep things.

I'm gonna try and update in the next few days.

By the way, A HUGGEE THANKS to allll the people who have supported this book since the beginning. Your comments and reads really mean a lot to me! <3

-Tabby