"hey, girl." i replied giving her a hug.

"i'm gonna grab a beer." lip said going into the fridge and i felt my heart beat faster at that.

"dinner." debbie said.

"sit next to me." sierra told me and i did as she said.

"looks, great debs." ian said.

"i'll get your soda, lucas. can you come with me to get some napkins?" sierra asked me.

"oh, but there's already some on the-" i began but she cut me off.

"just come with me." sierra said again and i nodded and followed her into the other room.

"are you okay?" sierra asked me.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i lied as she shock her head.

"he drank before coming here and he's drinking now. are you sure about this, mel?" sierra asked me as i looked back to look at lip.

"i'm not sure about anything anymore." i said quietly.

we both went back into the kitchen and we sat down. it ended up turning into a shitshow talking about debbie and neil being together. then they dropped the big news, they're engaged.

-

while lip and i were walking back to my house, i was silent. i wasn't sure what i was supposed to say to him. did i ask him him if he started drinking again?

"are you upset about something?" lip asked me as i let out a chuckle.

"yes, actually. it scared the hell out of me to hear you say you had a few drinks then to watch you have another one. i know that you're allowed to have so many drinks but i just don't want you to fall off the rails again." i said as he looked over at me.

"mel, i promise you that i won't fall off the rails again." lip said as i nodded.

i put up my pinky and lip looked down at it before looking back into my eyes and wrapped our pinkies together.

"don't let me down, lip." i told him as he nodded.

"i won't." he replied.

-

i went home that night and i saw mike was hugging taylor. my eyes immediately went over to the needles on the coffee table.

fiona was right, taylor was using again.

"oh, tay tay." i said dropping my bag and i went over and joined the hug.

"i'm so sorry." taylor cried as mike rubbed her back.

"you're gonna be okay." i said to her.

and the next day taylor was back to her regular AA meetings.

-

summer vacation was over meaning i was going back for my final year of music school. i was over at lips sleeping over and i woke up to my face being licked and i opened my eyes and saw a little dog.