A Slice of Love

All Rights Reserved. No part of this story can be copied or replaced without consent.

My first thoughts when I walked into Pizza Star? My aunt is crazy. My Aunt Lisa told me that I could get a job here because she knows the owner. She also told me that the manager was "quite the looker." Gross. My first picture in my head was some Italian guy with a curly mustache that talks like Mario from Mario Kart. Can I just say right now how horribly mistaken I was? I walked up to the counter and stood there. I looked around and then rang the little bell sitting on the counter. I grinned and began hitting it to a cool beat. The next thing I know there's a big hand covering mine that was ringing the bell. I looked up to see a hot guy standing in front of me giving me a pointed look.

"Can I help you?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I'm looking for the manager." I said, trying to sound professional..you know because I was just playing with the bell they have on their counter...yeah awkward.

"I am the manager." He says and I look at him in surprise. I looked him up and down and fur my eyebrows. He looks like he's like 17! How on earth could he be managing a giant parlor like this one? I look at his name tag to see the name Matt typed on his tag.

"Well Matt. You're awfully young to be running a pizza place." I say putting a hand on my hip and sizing him up. He really wasn't very nice.

"Well..." He trailed off.

"Olive." I say and he nods.

"Well Olive, don't you think you are a little out of line to be talking to the manager of this place like that? I could easily get you thrown out by the way." He said, a smirk on his face. I growled in annoyance.

"Just tell me who the real manager is, and I'll make sure they deal with you."

"Well I think I'm doing nothing wrong, so since I'm the manager, I'm going to make sure that I get no punishment of any sort." He said now giving me a grin like he was enjoying arguing with me. I groaned.

"Well fine. Let's say, that just for one moment I believe you, and you are the manager of this place. I need to have an application because I would like to get a job here." I say and he looks taken back.

"Why on earth would I give you a job? You were just a bitch to me two seconds ago." He says and I frown.

"Your window says 'Help Wanted' and I need a job. I'm doing you a favor." I say, shrugging. Matt growls.

"I won't give you a job." He says, glaring at me. An elderly man behind him puts a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Matt, give her the job already. We need someone who can wait tables here. I say give her a shot. She seems like a good person for the job." The man says, and I read his name tag to reveal his name is Al. Matt looks back at Al and sighs deeply.

"Fine. But you need to be here at 8am tomorrow for training. I'll be training you so you better not be late. I'll provide you with your uniform so don't worry about that." He says and I nod, grinning. I turn for the door when he yells out to me. "Oh and Olive?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm hoping you wont act like our last waitress." He says smirking. I knew there was going to be some kind of arrogant remark next but I fell for it anyway.

"What was wrong with her?" I asked and his smirk grew at the question.

"Just don't fall for me, okay Olive? We don't want any broken hearts." He said giving me a wink. I felt my heart pace pick up but I stood my ground.

"Thanks for the info, but I don't fall for arrogant assholes. See you tomorrow bright and early Matty." I said the last part over my shoulder, giving him a small wave. I grinned, knowing he was glaring at me and skipped to my car. I drove home and smiled when I saw my Aunt just pulling out a batch of cookies from the oven.

"Hey sweetie. How'd the interview go?" She asked.

"Oh I got the job. Have to be there at 8am tomorrow, and the manager is a jerk that's my age but you know. Besides that, it went well." I said, popping a piece of the cookie in my mouth and chewed thoughtfully. "You added a sprig of ginger didn't you?" I asked and my Aunt beamed at me.

"I did! Really Olive, you never cease to amaze me." She said and I smiled.

"Alright well Aunt Lisa, I'm going to go text Sarah." I say and race to my room as I hear her yell an 'Okay!' after me. I text Sarah once I jump onto my bed and she answers quickly, saying she'd call. I grin and she calls me.

"So how'd it go?"

"My manager is a hot asshole that's my age!" I say and she laughs.

"No way!" She yells and I grin.

"Way! I couldn't believe it. I'll be seeing him bright and early for training. That sure would be interesting." I say and Sarah chuckles.

"Hell yeah it would. Now Olive, you won't be fantasizing of gettin' down and dirty with this hot new manager of yours, are you?" She asks so seriously I can't help but laugh.

"God no. But hey Sarah I'm tired from today so i'm gonna take a nap, talk to you tomorrow?" I ask.

"Sure thing! Give me that update on your saucy boss!" She says with another laugh and I hang up. Yeah my saucy boss....well this is going to be an interesting job.

--------------------------------------------------

First chapter! What do you think? Please let me know and check out my other books. I'll update as soon as I get wifi. (I'm going to be away for about a week.) So I'm sorry in advance for the lack of updating. After that week I promise I'll update more. So once again let me know what you think! Thanks!